Contract: Pipeline Project Engineering Specialist / Qatar
|Duration:||Contract - 24 months|
The Offshore Pipelines Specialist supports the delivery of all aspects of Pipelines design,equipment technical and execution. Effectively collaborates and interfaces with PMT and contractor engineers and Operations personnel (as required) to ensure that the Pipelines scope of supply is fully integrated and optimised.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Supervises the definition, selection, and design, including planning for detailed design, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning of the pipelines. Ensures that related technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) developed during FEED fully comply with project requirements; provides pipeline engineering expertise and oversight of the FEED contractor's, and, as required, Vendor's and/or Engineering Subcontractor's production of associated deliverables within project budget and schedule.
2. Collaborates with COMPANY Operations as needed to maintain alignment on Pipelines scope of supply.
3. Ensures quality assurance and production timing of the Pipelines engineering deliverables is in accordance with the approved project execution schedule.
4. Stewards the timely delivery of technical attachments and scope description to all Pipelines-related purchase orders and owns the Pipelines- related technical attachments and scope description to all EPC contracts; pipelines engineering design in accordance with the project's change management program.
5. Stewards the FEED Contractor's Pipelines- related activities with respect to Pipelines engineering execution including being knowledgeable of Pipelines engineering execution plans, procedures, objectives, and overall job requirements.
6. Verifying that the FEED contractor staffs the Pipelines team with adequate numbers of qualified personnel; that the FEED contractor employs the appropriate Pipelines design tools, including computer hardware and software; that the FEED contractor adheres to all appropriate Pipelines specifications and standards; that the FEED contractor provides all contract documents, including those referred to in the contract; that the FEED contractor controls the work, i.e. accurate and timely progress measurement and that the FEED contractor compliance with design verification processes.
7. Advise the FEED contractor's Pipelines engineering and design organization with respect to compliance with Qatargas policies for prevention of information brokering and compliance with business standards guidelines; engineering and design procedures, processes, and deliverables; staffing, including staffing plans, and personnel suitability and adequacy and resolution of FEED contractor's engineering claims, if any.
8. Cooperates with review teams and supports post-audit activities with respect to contract administration and subcontracting.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
? Bachelors or Masters Degree in a related engineering discipline
? 10+ years of closely related professional experience, 10+ years of which should be at the senior project engineering / engineering supervision level with overall responsibility for engineering execution
Knowledge and/or Experience
? Strong organizational, management, and technical judgment skills
? Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
? Excellent communication skills and ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
? Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
Technical and Business Skills
? Broad knowledge of design requirements of Pipelines engineering groups and disciplines
? Execute work in full compliance with Qatargas Standards of Business Conduct and COMPANY Project Management System
? Broad range of experience and skills through multiple function and project assignments (Multi-discipline s