Contract: Head Piping Engineer / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 24 months|
* Responsible for overseeing Piping Engineering team and EPC Contractor in delivery of all aspects of Piping design, equipment, technical and execution definition, including planning for detailed design, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning. Ensures technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) developed during FEED fully comply with project deliverables and through effective collaborations and interfaces ensures process design considers the full production life cycle.
Key Job Accountabilities:
1. Provides Piping engineering knowledge, design, quality assurance, leadership and expertise while supervising and administering Piping team design in accordance with project deliverables and approved execution schedule.
2. Directs the preparation and stewardship of Piping engineering scope of work in EPC contract, advises and recommends design procedures, processes deliverables and alternative studies, as required, to optimise project cost and schedule.
3. Maintains close liaison with members of Engineering Team and alignment with the Engineering Manager on project engineering needs, objectives, and requirements.
4. Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with company Operations, Policies, Standards of Business Conduct and Company Project Management System.
5. Manages EPC Contractor's Piping engineering activities including validation of personnel numbers, qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate design tools, including computer hardware and software; adherence with all project objectives, requirements, specifications, standards, procedures, execution plans and design verification processes.
6. Assesses and validates EPC Contractor capability in providing all contract documents, progress measurement and reporting and recommends additional technical support to address gaps.
7. Manages the technical attachments and scope descriptions to all fabrication and construction contracts and the timely delivery to all purchase orders.
8. Responsible for the Piping engineering schedule and related milestones, provides data (narrative, charts, graphs, change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays) for monthly progress and stewardship reporting.
9. Accountable for knowledge of and sharing previous lessons learned, capturing and communicating current lessons learned to support review teams and future projects.
10. Develop, review and amend various policies and procedures to ensure that all Piping engineering references are up to date and relevant.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline or equivalent.
* 20 years' experience at a senior Piping Engineering supervisory level with a broad knowledge of Engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, onshore LNG facilities design, construction and operations. Experience with cryogenic piping systems design