Contract: Project Controller / Canada
|Duration:||Contract - 20 months|
- Provide active cost management reporting and governance of projects/programs from initiation to completion.
-Create, maintain and manage cost forecasting/reporting systems to ensure accuracy and visibility of project estimates and budgets to project scope/objectives.
-Create and analyze change management documents to govern project costs and objective variances.
- Forecast costs to completion based on trends including productivity measurements, labour rate analysis, commitments, management of change, schedule impacts and material cost variance.
- Update, maintain and analyze project commitments, cost flow, and expenditures while also supporting monitoring, reviewing and analysis of cost, schedule, earned value and associated reporting;
- Track, report and analyze project/program performance and costs from initiation to completion.
Establish and report project/program metrics and benchmarks.
Assess and document trends and risks of the project/ program as related to costs/schedule.
- Develop and maintain financial reporting (weekly/monthly). Collaborate and communicate with internal (Project Managers, business analysts, project administrators) and external stakeholders (vendors) throughout the project cycle to ensure transparency of project costs and trends.
Makes decisions and recommendations relating to general policy and project governance issues using established guidelines, procedures or policies, within authorized limits. Operates at a higher level of independence, engaging senior colleagues when required.
Responsible for identifying, collecting and analyzing project cost and performance data to establish performance metrics in support of effective and proactive control of project costs and forecasting.
Prepares forecasts, trending reports and governs commitment to budget and forecast. Reports on deviations throughout the lifecycle of the project.
Liaises with Project Managers, internal and client personnel regarding project control activities.
Considered a fully qualified Project Controller, May be tasked to provide guidance to junior staff within appropriate limits.
Recommends alternatives and solutions to routine and somewhat complex problems.