Contract: Data Engineer / USA
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
- Work under the supervision of data science lead, geoscientists and subject matter experts.
- Collect, aggregate and wrangle large volumes of data from multiple sources using advanced methodologies in data engineering.
- Develop data ingestion and preparation workflows for data science pipelines for high and low velocity data.
- Perform descriptive analytics on large heterogeneous data sets and create metrics to measure data quality and readiness for analytics.
- Collaborate with other team members and the business to improve data models that feed BI tools and data science pipelines.
- Assist with the build out and maintenance of an AWS development environment
- Research and identify potential data engineering solutions from external partners
- Attend relevant industry and technology conferences/seminars and bring back learnings for sharing to the broader Innovation Team and Petroleum Business
- Help to build and personally model capabilities and behaviours that value and promote innovation
- Bachelors (Master is preferred) degree in STEM major from accredited institution.
- 5+ years’ experience in data engineering and managing large, complex, disparate data sets.
- Good understanding of descriptive analytics and data engineering techniques for data science.
- Demonstrated skills in data collection, cleansing, visualization, data quality assessment, and the use of analytics to build minimum viable data (MVD)
- Demonstrated expertise in the development of data engineering pipelines for machine learning and artificial intelligence applications using structured, unstructured and semi- structured data sets.
- Must have experience building data models to integrate diverse and high dimensional data sets.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills with a thirst to learn new areas.
- Experience with real-time data ingestion.
- Good understanding of analytics and machine learning project lifecycle.
- Interdisciplinary mind, i.e. demonstrated ability to map experiences across different domains.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of one or more analytics software tools and languages (e.g. Python, R, Matlab, Java, Scala)
- Experience in working with and analysing complex geospatial data sets, and knowledgeable in Geospatial analytic tools such as ArcGIS, ArcPRO, ArcPy, etc.
- Good understanding of distributed computing, virtualization, and cloud technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to effectively explain technical information to various audiences
- Experience in Oil & Gas is a plus
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020