Contract: Senior Data Scientist / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
- Work under the supervision of data science lead, geoscientists and engineers.
- Develop machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms to extract insights from complex, disparate and sometimes sparse data sets.
- Develop Proofs of Concepts and Minimum Viable Products capable of delivering analytic insights to end users.
- Collaborate with other team members and the business to understand problem statements and formulate approaches for solving specific business challenges
- Assist with the build out and maintenance of an AWS development environment.
- Research and identify potential technology solutions from external partners
- Attend relevant industry and technology conferences/seminars and bring back learnings for sharing to the broader Innovation Team and Petroleum Business.
- Foster attitude that value and promote innovation.
- Masters (Ph.D. is preferred) degree in STEM major from accredited institution.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills with a thirst to learn new areas.
- 7+ years’ experience in applying statistics & data science techniques to deliver insightful and useful conclusions from large, complex, disparate data sets.
- Excellent experience in data collection, cleansing, visualization, data quality assessment, and the use of analytics to build minimum viable data (MVD)
- Must have deep knowledge of data science techniques and algorithms including data collection and pre-processing, feature extraction, supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms.
- Experience in two or more of the following areas will be a plus: natural language processing, computer vision, time series analysis, deep learning, neural networks, and geospatial data modelling.
- Excellent experience in the development and application of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics to deliver insights from structured, unstructured and semi-structured data sets.
- Must have strong programming skills in python and the knowledge of one or more analytics software tools and languages (e.g. R, Matlab, C, C++, Java, Scala)
- Experience in working with and analysing complex geospatial data sets, and knowledgeable in Geospatial analytic tools such as ArcGIS, ArcPRO, ArcPy, etc.
- Experience in productionizing machine learning models and have good understanding of ML model life cycle.
- Solid understanding of distributed computing and efficient algorithm design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to effectively explain technical information to various audiences
- Foster a mentor attitude and be ML/AI evangelist within the organization.
- Be proactive and take lead in pushing ideas forwards and quickly develop proof of concepts.
- Experience in Oil & Gas is a plus
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020