Procurement Manager-Solar / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Job Title: Procurement Manager-Solar
Job Type: Direct Hire
Salary/Pay Rate: Competitive + bonus + 4 weeks' vacation + 6% matching 401K (no vesting period)
Job Location: Houston, TX *Relocation is available
Responsible for all aspects of contracting process including market research, supplier analysis, selection strategy, final negotiation, and construction and operations turnover. Heavy interface with executive management and stakeholders.
* Create, implement, and manage competitive bid processes for all solar project Engineering, Environmental, Development, Design, Construction, Operations and Maintenance services required by EDPR NA, with total spend exceeding $100M annually
* Manage the execution of more than 50 contracts annually by incorporating numerous bidders throughout the RFP processes
* Work with Procurement teams on the development of contracting strategies and processes for tendering Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
* Develop and manage purchasing plans and strategies relating to development, construction, and operation of the company's solar farms
* Identify and qualify robust supplier database of national to local (state, county) contractors to support all services for new Solar projects
* Track the global and U.S. solar markets and monitor technological advances in the industry
* Serve as a key member in global solar working group and serve as an advisor to global solar procurement team members, focusing on EPC estimation capabilities across geographies.
* Maintain responsibility for bid evaluations, commercial and contractual negotiations, and contract approval prior to contract finalization
* Manage documentation, contracts, budgets, schedules, engineering and construction interfaces, project controls, project correspondence, and project reporting
* Organize and prepare agendas for meetings between suppliers and Procurement personnel
* Issue purchase orders
* Maintain effective communication with all team members
* Participate in the engineering, design, and construction review process
* Additional duties could be assigned
* Bachelor's degree in related field
* Minimum of 10 years' experience in procurement, negotiation, basic accounting, and contract analysis
* Must have Solar EPC experience
* Must have experience with Balance of Plant (BOP) or EPC construction contracts
* Ability to understand all technical and commercial subjects related to solar projects through the full development life- cycle and transition to construction and operations
* Must have experience managing people/team
* Engineering or technical background is very helpful
* Proficient with MS Office suite
About the company: This is an opportunity to grow with one of the world's top 5 renewable energy companies. Responsible for designing, developing, managing and operating renewable power plants that generate electricity. Over 1,300 employees globally, $1.5+ billion in revenue and listed as one of the best companies to work for in 2020!