Trainer / Assesor - Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools / Cumbria
Main purpose of the job:
To carry out training & assessment for L2 and L3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools qualifications.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Ideally, applicants should hold a minimum of Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or have qualified Teacher status, in order to deliver support sessions and assess learner's work. Previous teaching/Teaching Assistant experience is essential.
2. Functional skills support is a requirement of the position, so numeracy & literacy at level 2 is required
3. Deliver training, carry out assessments and assess portfolio work up to and including a minimum of Level 3.
4. Carry out research and product development for new qualifications in line with customer demand and continuous improvement of the provision, including material for the virtual learning environment.
5. Provide high quality academic guidance and advice to ensure all learners have a productive and effective learning experience.
6. Demonstrate good practice in teaching, learning and assessment in line with Gen2's principles and strategy.
7. Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
8. Assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of learning and maintaining records to monitor learner progress, achievement and attendance.
9. Ensure compliance with Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act and all other rules and regulations that govern the work completed for Gen2.
10. Provide pastoral care and support to learners.
11. Actively participate in team meetings and standardisation processes.
12. Undertake any such duties which may be specified from time to time, in relation to the role, by management.
13. Contribute to departmental working groups or committees as requested.
14. Maintain own continuing professional development.
15. Actively follow and promote Gen2 policies, including Safeguarding, Prevent Duty, Equality and Diversity.
16. Maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health and safety regulations.
The client is a first rate educational body with an end goal of educating, developing and inspiring the next generation of workers to the highest standard in order for them to enter the local working market. Our client operates in over 7 locations within Cumbria and has contributed monumentally to the local supply chain with 97% of apprentices going directly in to full time employment.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
The person appointed is likely to have the skills and experience listed below.
Essential: A strong knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad subject background enabling contribution to teaching programmes
Essential: Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
Essential: Evidence of experience of working within a school environment either as a Teaching Assistant or qualified Teacher.
Essential: Minimum Level 2 in Maths & English. L3 Qualification in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools or Qualified Teacher status
Desirable: Membership of a relevant professional organisation
First Aid at Work qualified
4. Previous Experience
Essential: Experience of working within school environment either as a Teaching Assistant or qualified Teacher.
Desirable: Delivery of numeracy & literacy
Assessment of student