Contract: Plant Electrician / CanadaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 3 months|
* Support all production plans in order to obtain and sustain desired operating performance.
* Conduct daily activities ensuring efficient utilization of personnel, equipment, material and resources
* Perform physical inspections to determine if work meets company standards in regard to quality, production and safety.
* Recommend measures or changes to improve production methods, equipment performance and use of equipment and personnel to increase efficiency of department and entire mine.
* Ensure all work completed supports activities of the subsequent shifts; communicate these activities to the respective foreman
* Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly shift reports as required
* Complete operational checks monitoring quality and productivity ensuring established standards are met.
* Complete all required housekeeping audits.
* Ability, skills and knowledge to work with high voltages in an industrial setting.
* Always maintain a high standard of workmanship, particularly during time constraints associated with plant downtime, is a challenge.
* The role typically involves interruption to electrical supplies, so special attention must be placed on the impacts on the broader working environment.
* Understand technical components of the job; use technical knowledge or skills to safely complete tasks.
* Schedule own work so that the most important work gets done; plan to have materials ready to complete a job; adjust schedule based on priority situations that occur throughout the week.
* Critique own performance as a means of self-improvement; set high standards of work performance for self. Review others' work for quality.
* Work with others to strengthen their performance and improve their skills. Determine how much guidance an individual need to complete a task successfully; provide feedback about performance on a task or activity that is specific and objective.
* Diagnose problems and share solutions to create learning experiences.
* Licensed in the Province of Ontario
* Knowledgeable in computer skills
* Understanding of WHMIS and MSDS
* Knowledgeable in health, safety standards
* Knowledgeable in site and department operating procedures.
* Ability to understand and follow written and oral instruction.
* Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrate applicable ethics and due diligence.
* Manage time effectively.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills.
Environment: Mining Plant
Work Location : Hemlo, ON (local candidates to the Ontario area only)