Underground Electrical Engineering Manager / AustraliaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Newcastle, NSW, Australia|
A well renowned Multinational Mining Company nestled in the beautiful Hunter Valley region has experienced exceptional growth with a strong pipeline for the future, and as such are seeking skilled professionals to assist with on-going operations.
The Role: As the Electrical Engineering Manager, you will carry out statutory requirements and be responsible for providing strategic leadership and coordination of maintenance and engineering activities for Underground Mine operations to ensure works are carried out safely, within budget and to the highest of quality standards.
- Drive engineering and maintenance activities to ensure they meet productivity, cost, safety and quality of work requirements
- Implement, monitor and review electrical engineering standards and guidelines
- Provide strategic leadership and vision for underground operations
- Ensure safety processes, standards and legislative compliance adheres to industry standards and company requirements
- Identify and implement operations, work practices and workplace improvements through developing relevant systems to achieve safety and performance goals
- Collaborate and report directly to the Mine Manager to ensure operational requirements are met
- Manage and lead a team of Engineers to ensure responsibilities are efficiently conducted
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Degree Qualified Electrical Engineer
- 15 + years post qualification experience with 3+ years management/ supervisory experience, ideally in the mining industry
- Atleast 2-3 years' experience working in underground mining operations with demonstrated technical & operational capabilities
- Solid knowledge of mining legislation, risk management and best practice industry standards
- Comprehensive electrical safety focus, high standards and technical engineering ability
On offer for the successful candidate:
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
- Competitive salary package with excellent employee benefits
- Beautiful Hunter Valley location
- Family friendly roster
- Immediate start
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical before commencing.
If you meet the above requirements and this role is of interest to you, please apply with your most recent resume and outline how your experience meets the criteria.