Freelance/Contract: Social & Community Relations Manager - Wind Renewables Project ($6K - $10K per month) / AfricaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||$6000 - $10000 per month|
Social & Community Relations Manager - Wind Renewables Project
To be based in Djibouti the client is seeking Social & Community Relations Manager to mobilise asap for major Wind Construction Project.
- Plan and implement community engagement activities
- Design presentations and flyers for information.
- Control Grievance register.
- Support with liaison with Public departments and key stakeholders
- Work with the Community Liaison officer in order to establish a community work force database
- Engage with local businesses to determine development needs
- Train site resources with regards to Social issues
- Train community on HSSE topics where required
- Support the HSE officer on site to develop protocols and training.
- Help develop Security protocol in conjunction with Site Manager.
- Participate in Risk management
- Lead and or attend monthly meetings with Communities and Project meetings
- Participate in Risk assessment
- Control and advise of community issues that may influence the project
- Identify and potentially manage community improvement projects
- Submit monthly report
- More than 5 years' experience in Social and community Management
- Fluid in French and English
- Proficiency in community engagement models and practice
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Written communication and research skills
- The ability to gain cooperation and assistance from other employees and members of the public;
- The capacity to liaise with counterparts in other organisations to discuss specialist matters and with employees in other units to resolve intra- organisational problems.
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety including community health and safety related to communities.
- Valid international drivers' license.
Duration and interval: 6 Months Contract (Possible extension until August 2021 depending on the scope.)
Mobilisation Date: May 2020
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience (Accommodation, laptop and transport provided)
Please note first 3 months of start-up - on site 3 weeks per month. If situation allows after that can be reduced to 1.5 weeks per month.