Contract: Engineering System Specialist / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
1. Provide overall engineering and project management leadership and expertise.
2. Maintains close liaison with Engineering Manager and PMT counterparts and gains alignment on engineering execution needs, objectives, and requirements.
3. Supports the preparation and stewardship of Engineering scope of work in contract and drives design critical studies, as required, to optimize project cost and schedule.
4. Supports for maintaining technical alignment CLient Operations.
5. Coordinates Engineering Management data for the monthly progress reporting and stewardship.
6. Ensures quality assurance and production timing of the Engineering deliverables is in accordance with the approved project execution schedule.
7. Supports the timely delivery of technical attachments and scope description to facilitate all purchase orders and owns interfaces with vendor/subcontractors for deliverable completion.
8. Supports Facilities engineering design in accordance with the project's change management program.
9. Responsible for being knowledgeable of lessons learned from previous projects with the same contractor and capturing and communicating engineering and project management lessons learned for the current project.
10. Assesses contractor capability and ensures Engineering Manager is well informed to take remedial action.
11. Supports engineering schedule and assigned critical milestones (LLI procurement, engineered equipment procurement; ROS dates, Brownfield planning, System Completion deliverables, etc); develops and stewards recovery plans to address any schedule delays.
12. Supports the FEED contractor's activities with respect to engineering execution including:
o Validates all affected parties are familiar with engineering execution plans, procedures, objectives, and overall job requirements.
o Validates that the FEED contractor employs the appropriate engineering execution design tools, including computer hardware and software.
o Validates that the FEED contractor adheres to all appropriate specifications and standards.
o Validates that the FEED contractor provides all contract documents, including those referred to in the contract.
o Reinforcing the requirement for the FEED contractor to control the work, i.e. accurate and timely progress measurement and reporting.
o Validates FEED contractor compliance with design verification processes.
13. Supports the FEED contractor's engineering and design organization with respect to:
o Compliance with company policies for prevention of information brokering and compliance with business standards guidelines.
o Engineering and design procedures, processes, and deliverables.
o Resolution of FEED contractor's engineering claims, if any.
14. Leads and/or cooperates with review teams and supports post-audit activities with respect to contract administration and subcontracting.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Broad and extensive knowledge of:
o Design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
o Offshore facilities and structures design, construction, and operations
o Engineering administration
* Bachelors or Masters Degree in an engineering discipline
* 10+ years of closely related professional experience, 5+ years of which should be at the senior project engineering / engineering supervision level with overall responsibility for engineering execution