Contract: Project Services Engineer / AustraliaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
In this role you will be responsible for the project management and successful delivery of an assigned portfolio of brownfield facility projects, in accordance with agreed project delivery processes, and in compliance with HSSE, quality, cost and schedule requirements, and regulatory requirements. This role has no direct and indirect reports, but will be required to supervise third party contractors.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Responsible for ensuring or generating and seeking approval for all project management documentation and stage gate approvals for the assigned portfolio of projects
* Generate and seek approval for contracting strategies to support the delivery of assigned portfolio of projects
* Closely monitoring the activities of engineering contractors, vendors and construction contractors during all phases of project execution
* Ensuring that designs produced incorporate legislative requirements and comply with quality assurance requirements
* Ensuring all contract and purchasing negotiations, evaluations and administration comply with risk and legal requirements, and that all appropriate approvals are obtained
* Working closely with HSSE, engineering, production, maintenance and shutdown personnel to ensure agreed project objectives and quality standards are met
* Implementing project management systems, standard practices and design specifications required to effectively perform the design, procurement and construction process
* Coordinate activities leading to commissioning, start-up and handover installed facilities, and performance evaluation post start-up, and close-out of all outstanding items
* Preparation and lodging all required permits and licences for construction and operation and ensuring these are secured in time
Our client is a global market leader within the oil & gas industry with a portfolio of pioneering onshore and offshore projects both locally and internationally. As an employer they have an exceptional reputation for building a culture focused on the highest levels of HSE and diversity & inclusion as they continue to expand their Australian based operations.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Engineering qualification
* Relevant knowledge and experience in hydrocarbon plant engineering design, project portfolio management and LNG plant design, construction, operation and maintenance and asset integrity.
* Demonstrate experience with safety management systems and commitment to safety
* Understanding of compliance regulations - local and state authorities
* High level computing skills - Microsoft Office, and project management software
This position will be based in Gladstone with requirements to travel to Brisbane and other locations, depending on business needs.