Freelance/Contract: Contract Specialist (Highways) - (£10000 - £12000 per month) / Tanzania
|Salary:||£10000 - £12000 per month|
Highways Contract Specialist: Tanzania
The market leading infrastructure recruitment specialist is seeking experienced Contracts specialist for an ongoing Highways project in Tanzania.
This leading International consultancy with a global reputation for delivering major highways and infrastructure projects around the world are looking for an experienced international expert to join their team in Tanzania on a 12 month assignment.
Working as part of international team you shall have a key role is ensuring the successful delivery of this Donor funded project.
The successful expert shall be secondment to TANROADS Directorate of Procurement, on full-time basis for the duration of twelve months, which may be extended if needs arise.
The scope of services for the Contracts Specialist will include the following:
- Review all draft contracts within the Employer's Contract Control Unit prior to award and ensure compliance with TANROADS Contract Procedures and the current Regulations of Government Public Procurement Act (PPA) as well as IDA (International Development Association) Contract Procedures.
- Review all bidding documents and invitations for bids which involves review of prepared bidding documents by different Consultants to verify that they meet set out standards and quality;
- Provide guidance on justification of currency splits in payment proposals;
- Assess and validate appropriateness of proposed Indices, weightings and breakdowns for Price Adjustment Formula;
- Ensure that all necessary insurances, bonds or guarantees to be provided by consultants and contractors are genuine, are in place and remain up to date as required by their contracts
- Participate in Pre-contract Negotiations and preparation of Contract documents;
- Assess the validity and appropriateness of Contractors' and Consultants' tender pricing strategy in bid documents for equitable distribution of costs, cash flow and incidence of expenditure including disproportionate unit rates or pay items.
- Monitor payments during implementation for ineligibility of items or costs under the relevant contracts.
- Provide support and guidance to staff under the Directorate of Procurement and Contracts on the necessary IDA's procurement guidelines and procedures;
- Advise the Employer to ensure that all procedures for procurement comply to the IDA and PPA guidelines;
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Directorate of Procurement, or Project Manager.
Key requirements for the role:
- Civil engineering degree or equivalent with a post graduate degree in Contract Management, Contract Law or equivalent.
- 20 years experience on Highway projects
- 4 projects in the last 12 years in similar position
- Sub-Saharan Africa experience
- FIDIC/ Harmonised comprehensive knowledge
The salary package on offer is dependent on experience however I would expect them to be within $10-12,000 plus full expatriate package including Flights, accommodation etc.