Freelance/Contract: Rail/ Metro Construction Director ($10000 - $13000 per month) / Malaysia
|Salary:||$10000 - $13000 per month|
Rail/ Metro Construction Director - Malaysia
The market leading infrastructure recruitment specialist is supporting a Major Tier 1 contractor with a major Rail/ Metro project in Malaysia for which they are urgently requiring a Construction Director/ Deputy Project Director
Opportunity & Responsibilities:
The client is a major Tier 1 Contracting firm who have successfully delivered similar projects in the country.
Working as part of an international team the successful individual shall be leading construction activities on a daily basis, manging subcontractors and working closely with the Project Director to ensure the successful delivery of this high profile project.
- Work closely with the local construction delivery team to ensure time and budgets are met.
- Manage all subcontractors with the support of a Site Management team
- Liaise with stakeholders including other packages such as Power supply, Signalling & Telecoms.
- Maintain Health & Safety as well as quality Standards on site.
Key requirements for the role:
- Degree in construction management or similar
- 15+ years in railway or large infrastructure project
- Successfully delivered a rail or infrastructure project in the last 10 years
- Proven track record in project delivery of large infrastructure and or system works
- Possess strong leadership skills with proven track record in establishing and managing an effective construction delivery team
- Proven track record in managing and coordinating detail design consultants, supervising consultants and work package contractors activities
- Strong ability to drive the construction team, consultants and work contractors to deliver the project on time and within budget
- Excellent communicator
- People orientated
- Ability to establish and maintain close rapport with Boardroom, Employer and external stakeholders
- Physically fit to conduct frequent site walks and inspection as often as necessary
The salary on offer for this position is around $10-13,000 per month with a full package including Flights, transport, insurance, per diem.