Contract: Senior Electrical Engineer / USA
|Location:||Houston, TX, USA|
Senior-level engineering position in the Electrical Engineering group designing industrial power systems for industrial gas plants. The Electrical Engineering group is responsible for specifying, purchasing, and commissioning the electrical distribution equipment and large motors associated with cryogenic, hydrogen, cogeneration, and process gas plants.
- Development of electrical single line diagrams and overall plant electrical distribution systems.
- Coordination with utility and/or customer to develop required power for operating plants.
- Specifying and purchasing key electrical equipment such as medium and low voltage switchgear and motor control centers, transformers, VFD's, UPS systems, DC systems, etc. Responsibilities include writing purchase specifications, evaluating quotations, performing technical bid evaluations, vendor document review, and factory acceptance testing.
- Specifying large induction and synchronous motors and starting systems including reduced voltage autotransformers, reactor start, electronic soft-start/VFD/LCI, etc.
- Performing electrical system studies including short circuit, load flow, transient motor start, protection relay coordination, and arc flash, and creating appropriate protective device settings.
- Provide start-up and commissioning support for electrical distribution equipment and motors.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years experience in the design of industrial electrical power systems.
- Computer literate and experienced in the use of SKM Power Tools, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, able to work with the appropriate level of supervision and accept a high degree of personal responsibility for results.
- Able to work within a matrix engineering team environment and communicate effectively with teams members, project managers and customers.
- Knowledge and application of switch gear, motor control centers, transformers, and motors used in industrial power systems as well as the ability to prepare and interpret specifications related to such equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in performing detailed power system engineering studies.
- Experience in process instrumentation and controls, lighting design, air conditioning, telecommunications, PLC's, and electronic circuits is not applicable to this position.