Structural Engineer Dams and Hydropower / USA
|Location:||Amherst, NY, USA|
|Salary:||$11000 - $13000 per annum|
Structural Engineer - Dams and Hydropower
The client is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Structural Engineer to join the Water Power team based in Amherst, NY.
You will be responsible for leading the design, delivery and documentation of project requirements for a variety of facilities, including hydropower and other concrete and steel structures within the private and public sectors. This position provides the opportunity to be involved in various projects throughout North America and abroad, provide client liaison, and contribute to regional marketing/Business Development efforts. You will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team focused on growing not only your technical skills, but growing the business in the U.S.
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Structural engineering from an accredited University. Graduate degree would be advantageous.
* P.E. license is required, S.E. would be advantageous.
* 10 - 15+ years of experience in Structural Engineering. Candidates with experience in hydropower, dams, locks, canals, large steel gates or related structures preferred.
* Demonstrated experience in structural design of reinforced concrete and steel structures.
* Working knowledge of US codes and standards. Familiarity with USACE design Standards and / or FERC Part 12D dam safety requirements would be a plus.
* Field experience related to construction and/or inspection preferred.
* Use of commercially available programs for structural and finite element analysis. Proficiency in ANSYS and/or similar programs that can be used for advanced analysis such as dynamic response spectrum or seismic time history analysis, is a plus.
* Design and analysis of a variety of structures, such as concrete dams and other hydraulic structures including detailed assessment of seismic and flood loading.
* Coaching other engineering and support staff, including mentoring of junior engineers, and provision of quality assurance review or input where required.
* Demonstrate the firms capabilities, determine and meet clients needs, and assist with proposal preparation and other business development activities.
* Assign personnel to various projects and monitor their progress.
* Co-ordinate with other discipline engineers and ensure that project deliverables meet schedule, time, budget and quality standards.
Please note immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
Salary: Upto 130,000 USD Per Annum (negotiable on experience)
Location: Amherst, NY, United States
If fulltime relocation to Amherst is not possible, the client does have the option for flexible working conditions: 3 days a week to spent in Amhert office.