Contract: Area Construction Coordinator / CanadaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client, a large Oil and Gas Company, has a contract role for a Area Construction Coordinator for a contract role for a Petrochemical project in Fort Saskatchewan.
- All roles report into the on-site construction director, and would receive their day-to-day direction from him.
- Must have petrochemical plant experience
- Develop or support development of construction work packages, contractor scopes and drive them to completion within budget and schedule allowed.
- Coordinate needs/requirements with engineering, module yard and fabrication teams.
- Assist contractors with clarification, interpretation, interference resolution and QA/QC related matters.
- Ensure instructions, drawings and specifications for scope changes are issued in a timely manner to support contractors and execution.
- Be fully versed with the design drawings, specifications and construction contracts.
- Ensure construction conforms to the drawings and specifications and that consistent construction practices are followed in all areas.
- Maintain or heavily support maintenance of as-builts and QA binders.
- Assist the project team with the reviews and estimates for contract extras and monitoring the actual daily costs submitted by the Contractors.
- Monitor the 3-week look-ahead schedules submitted by the Contractors and reporting deviations and activities not being met by the Contractors to the Construction Manager.
- Monitor the Contractors’ approved Quality Control Programs; performing all inspections required through to the equipment tagging procedure: the civil works, concrete pours, steel erection, equipment installations, piping, testing, HVAC, electrical and instrumentation check-out and testing and assist with the pre-commissioning program.
- Submit daily progress reports to the site construction office outlining items of concern such as safety observations/directions, non-conformance with the specifications and drawings, equipment and weather delays, site clean up, congestion, infrastructure, workmanship, quality control and potential contract extras.
- Update the site-wide deficiency lists to be issued at weekly construction meetings.
- Assist in the management of the Site Safety Program.
- Proactively work with contractors to ensure project safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives are being achieved.
- Support mechanical completion and CSU handovers.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020