Process Safety Engineer for FPSO at Mexican waters / Mexico
1. Provide Process Safety guidance, advice and input to Engineering, Maintenance and Operations. Provide Process Safety response to Technical Queries (TQ), Engineering Changes Notices (ECN). Participate in Risk Assessments and Case to Operate. Provide specialist Process Safety expertise to solve complex engineering and/or operational issues.
2. Advise and support engineering and operations during external regulatory audits, client inspections or HSEQ compliance audits. Represent Process Safety during onshore and offshore audits and provide formal responses in case of regulatory, client or internal corrective actions received
3. Support engineering and operations during Management of Change (MOC). Identify the need to carry out specific risk assessments and studies for MOC considering the safety criticality and complexity of the proposed change. Provide assurance the risks are ALARP.
4. Identify gaps in the project Formal Safety Assessments (safety studies) as a result of operational change, safety recommendations and/or audit corrective actions. Develop scopes of work and oversee the 3rd party consultants during the safety study development and/ or revisions and comment on studies where necessary. Provide assurance that the Major Accident Hazards (MAH) and associated risks are ALARP.
5. Ensure the implementation of safety studies recommendations (e.g. HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, FSA etc.) from EPCI and Operations lifecycle phases. Manage the safety study action tracking register, input new actions into the tracking register system, approve and close actions and provide assurance that the final implementation of all such safety recommendations is complete.
6. Conduct periodic reviews and revisions of the Formal Safety Assessments (Safety Studies) included as part of the MAH Case for the FPSO(s). Identify the material change(s) to the FPSO(s) operating conditions that warrant an update of the safety studies and create the actions plans for the revisions. Develop Scope of Works, plan, organize and participate in safety workshops and manage external consultants and provide comment during the execution of the revision of the MAH case.
7. Provide Process Safety input and guidance to engineering, maintenance and operations during periodic operational safety reviews, technical safety assessment and operations and maintenance assurance tasks to ensure the Safety Barrier Systems will function as required and as per the performance criteria set out in the Performance Standards.
RequirementsBachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or related engineering field with specialization in Process Safety Engineering.
Safety Engineering related MSc would be considered advantageous.
Minimum eight (8) years of experience including the management and implementation of process safety/ technical safety and loss prevention engineering over the project life cycle.
Be fully conversant with local and international regulatory requirements, CLASSIFICATION Society rules, international guides, codes and standards. Must be fully aware and knowledgeable of the concept of ALARP, current Process Safety analysis techniques, technologies and best practices.
Should be able to demonstrate strong Process Safety leadership skills and communications in a challenging multicultural working environment.
Oil and Gas experience and working in international locations is preferable. Particular experience with offshore operations and FPSO(s) would be considered advantageous.