Procurement Specialist / Belgium
Purpose of the Job:
* Procurement of goods and services on demand of the project, in particular for local activities and site interfaces.
* Responsible for the total procurement process (prequalification, RFQ, bid comparison, negotiations, award, expediting, close-out).
* Ensure timely supply of all required materials, equipment, spare parts, raw materials and services to operate and maintain the new assets.
* Ensure all framework agreements and contracts are in place for Operations and Maintenance.
* Back-office procurement and facilitate the P2P process.
* Bring best value in TCO to the assets, drive for cost reduction, guarantee supply and optimise working capital.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The job holder will have the following key accountabilities:
* Participate in scope definition for equipment, materials and services.
* Challenge demand appropriately and critically review requisitions, specifications and scope.
* Conduct market research and source the market for best opportunities, partners and alternatives which fit for purpose. Identify and recommend new suppliers that can offer commercial and/or technical advantages to mitigate risks.
* Screen and evaluate suppliers based on quality, service, reliability, safety, energy performance and efficiency, production and distribution capabilities, availability, solvency, reputation and history.
* Solicit and follow up bid proposals.
* Analyse quotations, prices and commercial conditions and set-up a commercial bid comparison.
* Coordinate the evaluation process and interfaces with other disciplines.
* Lead negotiations to secure best commercial terms in accordance with the technical specifications and (project) requirements to ensure best value for the assets.
* Benchmark prices and commercial conditions to determine competitive price setting.
* Prepare and issue purchase orders.
* Ensure on time deliveries by adequate expediting.
* Develop and execute action plans to optimise stock levels in coordination with technical departments and supply warehouse.
* Ensure on time stock replenishment without any shortage to secure supply and business continuity.
* Evaluate and monitor supplier performance.
* Set-up and maintain the preferred vendor list.
* Develop, implement and execute contract (renewal) strategies.
* Lead the contractor qualification process and coordinate HSSE evaluation.
* Negotiate or renegotiate and administer frame agreements and contracts.
* Evaluate and monitor contractor performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
* Resolve complaints and determine corrective actions in case of defective materials or unacceptable performance.
* Ensure in-depth knowledge of the global, regional and local outline agreements which are in place.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Engineer, bachelor or master degree in science, business and/or economics;
* Seasoned and experienced technical buyer or contract manager;
* Significant experience in Oil and Gas or (petro)chemical industry.
* In-depth knowledge and expertise in technical procurement and contract management;
* Good knowledge of (engineered) equipment, materials and (construction) services in a (petro)chemical production plant;
* Good knowledge of contracting law and legal aspects;
* Relevant market knowledge;
* IT skills: SAP MM, MS Office;
* Fluent in Dutch and English