Electrical Specialist / France
Mission within the HSE department (FHOS/REE)
To make a diagnosis of the existing situation in terms of safety of electrical work.
- Evaluate the professionalism of the teams
- Some site visits to discover, evaluate, raise awareness
- Support for the analysis of events of electrical origin
Review and define the rules and safety procedures for electrical work (VAT, consignment, etc.).
- Development of a culture on electrical risk (in conjunction with the Safety Culture department)
Communicate and present the rules that will be defined and train the client or subcontractor teams. - Presentation in site/branch steering committee and HSE Codir
- Building a training offer and implementing it
Some site visits for audits or training, presentation of the rules and training/awareness raising. 3 phases:
- 3 months of discovery and getting to know the existing situation,
- 6 to 9 months to develop and write requirements and guides & manuals
- 9 months to 1 year of deployment
TASKS TO BE PERFORMED
Define for the Group the minimum safety requirements for the area of electrical risks. Leads the networks of specialists in order to:
- Gather good internal practices and compare them with benchmarks and professional references through exchanges with the best specialists in the sector.
- Establish and write standards, guides and manuals for the Group to apply.
- To provide on-site technical assistance through the network of specialists and correspondents and, if necessary, to mobilise on site for missions with high added value.
- To develop internal rules and know-how guides accordingly.
- To develop the Group's safety practices and requirements towards methods and tools that present the least risk.
- To develop, in liaison with companies and professional organisations, training and, if necessary, certification for operational entities to improve the control of these activities.
- Participate in the analysis of high-potential events and major accidents in their fields and ensure the sharing of internal and external feedback and their integration in know-how manuals.
- Improve interface management and relations with external companies
- Reinforce the process for managing service contracts (qualification, selection, pre-mobilisation, mobilisation and contract execution and evaluation) in the electrical field
- Develop standard methods and grids for anticipating and mapping the HSE performance of the TGs of these professions.
- To share best practices from an HSE point of view with internal clients, HSE and purchasing managers for inclusion in the frames of calls for tenders and service contracts.
- Develop a knowledge of the external companies in charge of these works in order to assist the operational entities in the choice and supervision of these works.
- Organise and lead thematic forums for exchanges with the TGs, the referents of the operational entities and the specialists of the industrial divisions of the branches.
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT
N+1: Head of the department of risk works referents
N+2: Human and Organisational Factors Director
Dimensions of the position Worldwide scope of the Group, all business lines Creator, facilitator and coordinator of networks of internal specialists and correspondents in the branches and BU's.
2-year contract renewable once.
Contract start date: early May 2020
- Respond to the need to standardise and strengthen the control and practice by the client companies and employees of activities with a higher risk of serious accidents in accordance with the Group's internal rules in order to achieve the ZERO accident objective.
Extensive operational experience in operations, maintenance, HSE. The level of knowledge in the electrical field must be indisputable
Ability to manage relations (large number of people) both internal and external, with the ability to listen but also the ability to carry out projects involving changes in working methods with a high degree of autonomy.
English (Level 3/5 Bright minimum) and French