UK Tax Compliance Manager / Scotland
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage the UK corporate tax reporting and compliance process, to include:
* Preparation of the corporation tax and deferred tax figures and disclosures for incorporation in the UK statutory accounts for the UK group.
* Preparation of the UK corporation tax returns and computations for group.
* Preparation of the Overseas UK branch corporation tax returns and computations for the group/liaison with advisors assisting in the process.
* Manage the process for obtaining documentary back-up for the UK tax filing to include double tax relief claims, rollover/holdover relief claims, group relief claims, patent box and research and development claims, corporate interest restriction calculations etc.
* Work with external providers (as required) on the UK tax reporting and compliance process.
Manage the UK corporate tax administration, to include:
* Preparation of estimates to support QIPs.
* Manage and arrange for re-allocation/repayment of QIP overpayments etc.
* Manage the UK group's GPA.
* Assist with any HMRC enquiries as required.
Ensure appropriate compliance procedures are in place and pro-actively seek out and develop solutions to mitigate risks and identify opportunities.
US GAAP reporting:
* Prepare and assist divisional accountants with the quarterly and annual US GAAP tax reporting requirements.
* Engage in ad-hoc correspondence with HMRC to include requesting Certificates of Residence etc.
* To be responsible for the professional development of more junior members of staff.
* To assist the UK Corporate Tax Manager where required on other special projects/overseas issues.
* To engage in any other activities relevant to this role as they arise
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Qualified CA/CTA with significant corporate tax experience
* Previous experience in working in a company with multi- jurisdictional concerns, or within an accountancy firm dealing with cross border issues.
* Excellent tax/accounting technical knowledge.