Sr. Aviation Inspector / USA
Job Title: Sr. Aviation Inspector
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location: Houston, TX
Compensation: Competitive Salary
In this role, you will support the coordination and implementation of construction projects related to terminal construction at George Bush Intercontinental Airport. Our Senior Inspector ensures projects adhere to all plans and regulations.
* Ensures projects adhere to all plans and regulations.
* Responsible for coordinating, monitoring and reporting on daily construction activities.
* Manage the inspection of Contractor's work for conformance to contract documents.
* Read and interpret contract documents.
* Responsible for maintaining as constructed drawings.
* Coordinate on-site material testing.
* Daily coordination with engineering, client, maintenance, and operations staff.
* As needed, review and make recommendation on pay requisitions.
* Must effectively communicate work schedule, activities, and work areas to coordinate appropriate closures of work areas.
* Monitor and analyze contractors' work for compliance to schedule, budget, technical specifications and legal requirements.
* Mentor and train junior staff/ inspectors.
* Understand contract plans, specifications and budget and make recommendations for construction issues, and ensure it is completed in accordance with contract documents.
* As needed, resolve design and field construction problems.
* As needed, facilitate/lead progress meetings and report on project status.
* Expedite design and field changes to drawings and specifications.
* As needed, review contractor requests for change and when appropriate, assist in the preparation of contract change orders/modifications.
* Work with safety lead and communicate and implement safety rules, policies and procedures in support of the safety vision and goals to contractors and subordinate personnel.
* Examines field conditions as required to support development and completion of projects.
* Must have at least 20 years of validated inspection experience, or 10 years' experience degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management field.
* Must have previous airport construction experience (FAA, or DOT projects required).
* Technical expert in all relevant areas of construction, and understanding of various design and construction methods.
* Understanding of standard construction requirements.
* Self-motivated, with demonstrated written/verbal and communication skills.
* Ability to solve field problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
* Effective leadership skills, taking initiative on tasks and delegating tasks to other team members.
* Effectively communicates project issues with contractor, project team and clients.
* Must have general computer skills and familiarity and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
* May sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment, doing extensive walking/standing.
* Specific projects may require work near heavy construction equipment, construction sites, and airport runways and taxiways.
* Work environment will require use of construction/inspection safety equipment and adherence to applicable safety protocol is required.
* Current driver's license, ability to obtain airport security badge, and passing required security background check is required.
This is an opportunity to grow with an iconic international firm and work on exciting and rewarding projects with over 20,000 employees across the globe. Your work will interface with technical experts in engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project finance. This team has managed thousands of community projects across all sectors?-?hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure (mass