Process Safety Engineer / Switzerland
The client has an exciting opportunity for a proven Process Safety Engineer with French language skills, to assist the Process Safety Team in satisfying all elements of process safety while contributing to procedures and programs. Reporting to our EH&S Manager, you will occasionally travel to sites across the EMEA region.
Additionally, as the Process Safety Engineer, you :
* Provide internal resource to sites for process safety studies, particularly PHA and LOPA/SIL Assessment.
* Develop, support, participate and monitor the sites Process Safety Management Control and Reporting systems
* Provision of specialist expertise in all areas of process
* Manage the high potential process safety investigation process and when required, lead and participate in process safety related incident investigations
* Insure the development and delivery of training in Process Safety methodologies.
* Participate in the Process Safety Audit program, including the self-audit program.
* Ensure knowledge of hazard and risk identification is understood and managed across the EAME sites.
* Provision of specialist expertise in Quantified Risk Assessment and able to perform these studies using our internal software
* Degree qualified in a Chemistry or Chemical Engineering discipline with at least 5 years' experience within a chemical manufacturing sector
* Professional Engineer with experience in process or equipment design and/or operations with specific experience in Process Safety.
* Strong communication and influencing skills.
* Familiarity with risk identification and reduction techniques, in addition to familiarity with failure mechanisms, protection systems and their design.
* Ability to travel around 10% within EAME
* Knowledge of process safety regulations and legislations.
* Fluency in French & English, both verbal and written, is essential in order to perform studies across the region and produce reports of a high quality and accuracy.