OCTG Engineering Specialist / Saudi Arabia
On behalf of a super major operator, I’m looking for an experienced OCTG Engineering Specialist to support their Drilling operations.
You will be a specialist within oil field tubulars’; this will include Tubing and Casing Drill Pipe, HW Drill Pipe, and Drill Collars. Candidates will have in-depth knowledge of different manufacturing processes for different OCTG materials.
As the successful candidate’ you will have extensive experience in BHA products, applications, industry standards, and inspection requirements. You will have in- depth field experience in supporting trouble shooting during running and make up, or the inspection of tubulars.
- As the successful candidate, you will hold a bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably mechanical, petroleum, or chemical engineering.
- You will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Drilling Engineer, with 5 years of this experience as an OCTG technical engineer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Audit and qualify manufacturers and service providers including tubular running, inspection, repair machine shops, and coating applicators.
- Be responsible for the qualification and standardisation of equipment.
- Evaluate new technologies, alternatives and co-ordinate any trial tests of equipment.
- Develop scopes of work and provide sketches for equipment modifications or coating.
- Review technical bids from suppliers as part of the OCTG items purchasing process.
- Evaluate potential casing running, tubular inspection and machine shop companies.
- Review casing and tubing designs. Conduct any failure investigations.
- Maintain technical data of OCTG within the Drilling Web.