Non-Metallic Engineer / Saudi Arabia
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
On behalf of a Super Major Operator, I am looking for an experienced Non-metallic Engineer to join their Consulting Services Department.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor degree (advanced degree preferred) in polymer, chemical or mechanical engineering.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience as non-metallic engineer in the field of non-metallic materials and products within the oil and gas industry.
- Broad knowledge in thermoplastic, fibre reinforced thermoset or thermoplastic, elastomers and their related products, including: piping, tanks, valves, heat exchangers, vessels, thermoplastic liners for carbon steel piping, downhole tubing and casing, composite repair systems, etc.
- Excellent knowledge in non-metallic products (e.g., piping, tanks, valves) qualification and testing, failure analysis, recommendations and technical support.
- Knowledge in International Engineering Standards and Material Specifications (e.g., API 15HR, API 15S, API 17J), including experience in participating and developing Engineering Standards for non-metallic products used in the oil and gas industry.
- Familiarisation in non- metallic piping, tanks, and vessels manufacturing; thermoplastic lining processes; piping installation; and hydro-testing.
- Affiliation with professional societies is highly desirable such as ASME, API, ISO, and NACE.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review and revision of capital projects and introducing qualified non-metallic products in the engineering design packages, including; water plants, gas plants, GOSPs, and terminals.
- Attend project review meetings in or out of Kingdom as needed.
- Develop new specifications and update existing standards, procedures and best practices.
- Serve on international standards writing bodies as the opportunity allows. Lead value engineering sessions for non-metallic products and update accordingly.
- Perform technical assessment of new vendor facility, their qualification and approval and conduct periodic assessment to maintain regulated vendor list.
- Lead or be a team member in specialised tasks, such as incident investigation teams, special audit teams, value engineering teams, organisational improvement teams, etc.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020