Contract: Instrumental Technician / CanadaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 1 month|
As a member of the Plant Department, you will report to the Electrical / Instrumentation Supervisor. The Instrumentation Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting, calibrating and maintaining instrumentation and controls equipment in an open pit and underground gold mine.
Ensure all programs, personal actions and approaches support company's goals for safety and sustainability. Act as a safety champion and constantly apply the principals and spirit of Courageous Safety Leadership and Courage to Care.
* Safely install, test, debug and troubleshoot various pieces of equipment, preforming inspections as required.
* Troubleshoot, calibrate and maintain instrumentation
* Safely perform Preventative Maintenance work to meet production schedules.
* Diagnose and repair instrumentation equipment problems and breakdowns to reduce impact on operations.
* Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, electrical diagrams and manuals.
* Report deviations to established procedures and provide required documentation of work performed.
* 5 years of industrial experience within the Instrumentation field.
* Possess a current 447A Red Seal License.
* Solid education or training specifically on instrumentation and controls equipment.
* Specific knowledge of GE PLC's, Provox DCS, Milltronics and Endress & Hauser instrument devices would be an asset
* Work to the highest standards of Environmental and Safety performance within all areas of the plant department.
* Instrumentation technician will maintain, support and or assist in development of Company's standard programs.