Contract: Electrician - Mining / CanadaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 1 month|
* Support all production plans in order to obtain and sustain desired operating performance.
* Conduct daily activities ensuring efficient utilization of personnel, equipment, material and resources
* Perform physical inspections to determine if work meets company standards in regard to quality, production and safety.
* Recommend measures or changes to improve production methods, equipment performance and use of equipment and personnel to increase efficiency of department and entire mine.
* Ensure all work completed supports activities of the subsequent shifts; communicate these activities to the respective foreman
* Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly shift reports as required
* Complete operational checks monitoring quality and productivity ensuring established standards are met.
* Complete all required housekeeping audits.
* Ability, skills and knowledge to work with high voltages in an industrial setting.
* Always maintain a high standard of workmanship, particularly during time constraints associated with plant downtime, is a challenge.
* The role typically involves interruption to electrical supplies, so special attention must be placed on the impacts on the broader working environment.
* Understand technical components of the job; use technical knowledge or skills to safely complete tasks.
* Schedule own work so that the most important work gets done; plan to have materials ready to complete a job; adjust schedule based on priority situations that occur throughout the week.
* Critique own performance as a means of self-improvement; set high standards of work performance for self. Review others' work for quality.
* Work with others to strengthen their performance and improve their skills. Determine how much guidance an individual need to complete a task successfully; provide feedback about performance on a task or activity that is specific and objective.
* Diagnose problems and share solutions to create learning experiences.
The major challenge for the position is working with high voltage.
Areas and Measures
Location and Travel
This position is located at Hemlo site. Travel to other locations, including head office as needed/required.
Reports to: Electrical Superintendent
Interfaces: Mining Operations, Site Leadership and Hemlo employees
Selection Criteria - Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Qualifications
* Licensed in the Province of Ontario
* Knowledgeable in computer skills
* Understanding of WHMIS and MSDS
* Knowledgeable in health, safety standards
* Knowledgeable in site and department operating procedures.
* Ability to understand and follow written and oral instruction.
* Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrate applicable ethics and due diligence.
* Manage time effectively.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills.