Contract: Business Analyst (Intermediate) / Canada
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months renewable|
- Identifying international trade compliance risk and the prevention of customs and trade violations of applicable regulatory requirements customs by working closely with the company's customs broker(s), freight forwarders and government authorities;
- Pre-classified database, tariff treatment (i.e. NAFTA), reporting, trade data analytics, importer and exporter lists, and post entry transaction auditing;
- Providing ongoing support to client logistics (supply chain) group, client stakeholders, and internal business units or projects with customs and trade considerations for commercial agreements, and providing oversight with customs and trade governance documentation;
- Developing and maintaining customs and trade compliance procedures, processes, and guidance materials;
- Developing and delivering internal training for client personnel with respect to customs and trade practices;
- Applying working knowledge of customs and trade regulations to support business needs.
- Extensive knowledge of Canadian and US customs legislation;
- Strong interpersonal skills in communication, relationship building and influencing;
- Accountability and dependability;
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion;
- Strong attention to detail to include strong analytical and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated competent written and oral skills;
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing deadlines and conflicting priorities;
- High degree of initiative and ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, with minimal supervision;
- Ability to identify and communicate opportunities to improve existing processes.
- Superior organizational, analytical and problem solving skills;