Contract: Senior Instrument Designer / MalaysiaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 1 year|
The role of the Senior Instrument designer comprises the following tasks:
* Continuously consider cost, constructability, operability and maintainability.
* Manage the local and remote design teams.
* Develop a project specific system design with all associated documentation.
* Manage the flow of information to remote teams to enable them to prepare Specifications, Bid reviews, Layouts, Cable Block diagrams, Termination diagrams, Loop diagrams, Hook-up diagrams, Mounting details, Cable list, Junction box list, Bulk MTOs for Cables, Cable glands and Hook-up materials.
* Review vendor data and ensure package units are properly integrated and/or interfaced.
* Ensure that interfaces with other disciplines (mainly electrical, piping and process) are consistent and aligned.
* Review documents prepared by sub-contractors to ensure quality and consistency.
* Ensure that the design is fully in line with the Regulatory regime, Classification requirements, SBM standards and Client requirements.
Established in 1950s, our client is a Dutch-based global group of companies providing floating production solutions to the offshore energy industry, over the full product life-cycle. The Company is market leading in leased floating production systems with multiple units currently in operation and has unrivalled operational experience in this field. The Company's main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* BSC degree.
* At least 10 years' experience in Instrumentation design in the (Offshore) Oil & Gas industry.
* Fully competent in the use of SmartPlant Instrumentation and Autocad.
* Experience with 3D design in Aveva (Marine, Outfitting) is an advantage.
* Experience with package interfaces.
* Experience with managing local and remote teams.
* Proven competence with instrumentation design in hazardous areas (e.g. IECEx001) is an advantage.