Contract: Safety Case Engineer / Australia
|Duration:||Contract - 24 months|
We are looking for an experienced Safety Case Engineer to join the client's HSEQ department. Reporting to Regulatory Approvals & Safety Case Coordinator, in this role you will support the development of Safety Case submissions during Execute. Act as the focal point within the HSEQ team for review of FPSO and SSPL Formal Safety Assessment studies and ensure content is suitable for inclusion in each of the required Safety Case submissions.
For this role Australian Safety Case authoring experience is essential. Candidates with FPSO & Pipelines safety case writing experience will be considered more favourably. Key accountabilities and responsibilities may include but not limited to:
* Delivery of all Safety Cases for the Project during execution.
* Assist the FPSO and SSPL team with Technical Safety support. And to assist with administration of the Regulatory Compliance Database.
* Support the development of the HSE Management System scope of work during execution.
* Ensure Safety Case content consistency is achieved for all inputs
* Make sure all Safety Cases submitted reflect current NOPSEMA guidelines.
* Support the regulatory approval efforts on behalf of the project.
* Liaise with Technical/Process Safety Engineers to ensure contractor Formal Safety Assessment studies deliver all information required to support safety case development and successful submission.
* Monitor changes to Safety Case related legislation or guidance and ensure key impacts are communicated to the HSEQ Manager.
* Provide technical safety support to the FPSO Process Safety Engineer.
* Support the day-to-day coordination and input from technical safety consultants.
* Other duties as assigned by the Regulatory Approvals & Safety Case Coordinator.
Our client is the world's largest exploration and production company with operations in over 29 countries. In Australia our client is leading the way in both upstream and downstream oil and gas projects with exciting developments for further Australia based projects ahead. As a market leader they are an enviable employer to join and be part of their continued success.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Engineering degree (or equivalent).
* Circa 10+ years of major international offshore oil/gas project experience with emphasis on technical safety.
* Experience coordinating the safety case development and familiarity with the Australian safety case regime.
* Understanding of technical safety aspects in Subsea & FPSO design, operations and maintenance.
* Background in oil and gas facility process safety hazards analysis, process safety design and process safety related codes and standards.
* Technical competency in the field of Technical Safety Engineering.
* Strong understanding and demonstration of ALARP.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate and liaise effectively with all levels of the organization, particularly with Managers and peers.
* Able to develop strong customer/client relationships and networks; strong interpersonal skills.
* Must be very flexible to a changing work environment, including schedule changes, work prioritizing, and employee work
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Ability to work independently in a Project Team environment.
* Ability to create positive relations with peers and stakeholders internally and externally.