Senior Civil / Dam Engineer / Australia
Due to current workload and major national opportunities, the client is currently seeking a Civil Engineer to work closely with other specialists in the team where you will be involved in both local and international projects.
With a minimum of 5+ years' experience, your core function will be to provide professional expertise in the field of Civil/Structural engineering with a focus on Hydropower and Dams, including:
* Taking a lead in providing comprehensive design services, including the development of new projects and refurbishment of existing projects
* The role will have an emphasis on Hydropower and Pumped Storage engineering from civil, hydraulic, structural, and geotechnical/rock mechanic perspectives
* Involvement in different design stages, including; site selection, conceptual design, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, detailed design, construction support and commissioning
* Proactively collaborate with team members, contributors and stakeholders to maintain quality, timeliness and coordination of project deliverables
* Apply project management principles in carrying out assigned tasks and accomplish project deliverables to the required standard in a timely manner.
* Provide mentoring to team members and be active in growing the organisation's capability
* Use national/international contacts to obtain consultancy work for the organisation
The ideal candidate for this position will possess;
* Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline e.g BEng (Civil) or equivalent
* Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) as recognised by Engineers Australia (or actively working towards)
* A Minimum of 5+ years' experience in the field of hydropower - both engineering and design
* Design capabilities in different disciplines, including; civil, hydraulics, structural, geo- technics and rock mechanics
* Exposure to investigation and design of hydropower and pumped storage schemes
* Knowledge in planning, development, feasibility studies and implementation of hydropower and pumped storage projects
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a diverse and multi-disciplinary environment and be able to mentor less experienced team members.
* Experience in the management of small to medium scale projects.
* Familiar with relevant Australian Standards.