Diving Operations Specialist / Qatar
|Duration:||Permanent - direct hire|
Scope of work
This position is reporting to the Head of Marine.
This role acts as the Technical Reference Person (TRP) and HSE-SA-D for subsea operations (Diving and ROV) within the company.
Responsible for assessing contractor suitability to provide Diving and or ROV services to the company, accepting mobilized Dive and ROV systems, defining and implementing technical standards related to subsea operations and supporting all departments with specialized subsea knowledge.
· Drive an incident free environment through establishing and maintaining a strong safety culture
· Contribute to the improvement of safety, security and environment within the framework of HSEQ policy concerning subsea operations.
· Promote improved safety performance in subsea operations within the industry through an active participation in IMCA and IOGP working groups.
· Ensure compliance with operating procedures and guidelines within the operating area to ensure process safety, operational safety and system integrity.
· Responsible for ensuring compliance with HSE legislation, local laws, company standards and procedures under area of responsibility to ensure employee and contractor safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude.
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND DIRECTION
· Be held accountable for area of reasonability
· Lead the development, preparation and review of procedures, guidance manuals, operating instructions and any other documentation deemed necessary to support safe subsea activities.
· Support the companies Qatarization Program.
· Act as the companies Technical Reference Person (TRP) for all subsea (Diving & ROV) Operations.
· Have ultimate responsibility for monitoring the conduct of subsea operations, ensuring the companies Golden Rules are always followed .
· Establish good working relationships with the Departments, shareholders and contractors.
· Provide specialized knowledge to all the Departments, shareholders and contractors
throughout all project phases, ensuring compliance with company procedures, guidelines,
legislative requirements and industry best practices.
· Provide specialized knowledge during emergency situations.
· As required, act has the companies HSE-SA-D on board vessels carrying out subsea activities
on behalf of the company.
REPORTING AND INVESTIGATION
· Responsible for ensuring the methods and tools are in place for completion of all reports and
· Ensure Head of Marine is kept informed on relevant issues which could affect operational,
safety and commercial aspects of the operation.
· Must possess an IMCA Air and Bell Diving Supervisor certification.
· Must have a minimum of 15 years industry experience in subsea operations (Dive and ROV).
· Must have at least 5 years' experience as a diving supervisor, diving operations
superintendent or diving construction manager on a diving vessel/barge overseeing
Saturation, Air and ROV operations.
· Must have at least 2 years' experience as a Company Site Representative (CSR) or onshore
Diving Advisor, Diving Operations Manager or Technical Authority working on behalf of an
· Experience working in a shore side office of either an oil company or diving contractor.
· Must have expert knowledge of IMCA guidance documents, IOGP group documents, HSE
Publications, DMAC Publications, IMO resolutions and local legislation related to Diving and
· Must have experience in carrying out IMCA Design Audits and Client Audits as lead auditor.
· Must be competent in subsea operations and be fully familiar with subsea activities
including construction, inspection and maintenance techniques and equipment.
· Ability to work independently and communicate effectively
· Ability to manage and integrate with others in different functions and environments
· Good team spirit, communication and reporting skills, well organized, confidentiality,
reliability and proactive.
· Fluency in English (speaking and writing) and good communication skills
· Flexibility with regards to work location, working hours and ability to travel worldwide, to
Qatar ports and offshore locations
· Must be capable of producing reports, audit documents, charts, forms, presentations etc.
using word processing software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Preferably have attended DP Awareness Course.
· Preferably have attended OGP Client Representative training.
· Preferably have attended & passed the NEBOSH National/International General Certificate
in Health & safety training.
· Preferably Degree qualified.