Contract: Senior Safety Engineer / MalaysiaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
To be able to work independently with minimum supervision and able to meet the Project schedule, cost and quality. Able to interact with other discipline engineers.
* Apart from the above, the Senior Safety Engineer is also required to perform the followings:
- Assist the Head of Safety Discipline in ensuring good quality design outputs, as per the relevant procedures.
- Assist in generating Master Deliverables Register (MDR) with deliverables related to Environment and Health.
- Generate or check Loss Prevention deliverables on time and within manhour budget
- Carry out Inter Discipline Check (IDC) on other discipline deliverables as and when required.
- Interact with other disciplines and with clients on Loss Prevention and Safety matters
- Able to defend and answer comments on Loss Prevention and Safety reports, drawings and calculations generated.
- Participate and provide constructive inputs at meetings and design review sessions.
- Liaise with Project team, other disciplines, Clients and third party as required by Lead Safety Engineer.
- To produce high quality work within the allocated manhours and schedule
- Provide guidance to young engineers.
* Conversant on Loss Prevention such as:
-UFD (Firewater and Foam System)
-P&ID's (Firewater and Foam System)
- Data Sheet (Fire-fighting and Life Saving)
-Fire-fighting and Life Saving Equipment Layout (Hazardous Area Classification Layout and Fireproofing Layout)
- Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Philosophy or Safety Philosophy
* Conversant of Design such as:
-Firewater and Foam Demand Calculation note
-Deluge Arrangement Calculation Note
- Hydraulic studies: Data sheets (Fire fighting and Life Saving)
-Hydraulic studies: Fire and Gas Detection Layout (Initial layout Marked-ups)
-Fire and Gas Cause & Effects Matrix (Input to Instrument Disciplines)
- Vendor Data Review (VDR)
-Vendor Data Incorporation (VDI) & As Built
* Must have: Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Safety and Fire Engineering with 10 to 15 years of working experience in Technical Safety field. Registered with Board of Engineers Malaysia preferably as Professional Engineer or a accredited Charterer Engineer.
* Good to have: Strong background related to Loss Prevention and Safety Studies. Candidate should be able to perform consequence modelling using Phast or Fred Software, and perform hydraulic study using Pipenet software. Familiar with Fluent, Bow-Tie and PHAPro will be advantageous.
* Experience in facilitating HAZID/HAZOP/ALARP workshops will be advantageous.
Our client is the leading engineering technology solutions and turnkey contracting provider in Asia Pacific for the design and construction of hydrocarbon field development, oil refining, gas processing, petrochemicals and selected non-hydrocarbon projects. They support Onshore, Offshore and Subsea sectors.