Contract: Deputy Project Manager / Southeast AsiaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
We are looking for Deputy Project Manager- to be based in Southeast Asia This is a day rate position with rotation.
Qualifications & Licenses
• BSc. / MSc. / MEng. or equivalent in an engineering
• Preferably a Registered Professional, Chartered Engineer or member of Professional Engineering Society
• Preferably PMP or equivalent project management certifications
To perform the role of Deputy Project Manager in a client oversight team in the supervision of the selected FEED and EPCIC Contractor. This includes taking responsibilities for assigned overall project management activities during FEED, EPCIC tendering, Detailed Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication/Construction, Offshore Installation and Hook-up & Commissioning, hand-over to operation and start-up support of Offshore facilities.
Position Experience & Skills Requirements
Key Experience Requirements
- Minimum 25 years of work experience, of which at least 18 years must be directly related to project management of offshore oil and gas production and processing facilities.
- Must have over 10 years of work experience for an Oil and Gas Operator in a client oversight team during FEED and EPCIC stages of an offshore project.
- Minimum 3 projects of EPCIC work experience of offshore processing platform with fixed jacket over 20,000 MT of the total weight, including topside and jacket facilities.
- Previously worked on integrated projects with CAPEX in excess of $300MM.
- Preference for previous experience working in Southeast Asia for offshore Oil and Gas projects.
Critical Technical Skills and Capabilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the management of offshore gas processing platform for typical offshore oil and gas projects (greenfield) as well as brownfield modification work.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of overall offshore oil and gas projects including overall schedule, commercial & technical practices, key events, insurances, 3rd party activities, procurement cycles, and contractual issues.
- Must have a deep understanding of the project management for a FEED and EPCIC project
Core Personal Skills and Capabilities
- Ability to multi-task, forward plan, independently manage time and perform at a high level without the need for continuous supervision
- Proactive, self-motivated, with an ability to prioritize work and make decisions to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and strategic thinking
- Fluency in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, exercising tolerance and respect when working within a diverse and multinational project team
- Ability to oversee work and provide mentoring to inexperienced engineers
- Broad understanding of the business drivers for oil and gas clients
- Assist the overall planning and execution of fiscal and administrative functions relating to EPCIC project execution strategy, positively participate, evaluate and follow up on technical issues, risk assessment and rectification of potential hazards/risks, etc.
- Manage performance of Contractor, and project schedule including events and milestones.
- Interface and liaison with Company’s other functional departments, contractors and agents.
- Establishment, control and enforcement of the change management process within the project.
- Ensure all project deliverable's and activities are delivered in accordance with the project milestone dates, EPCIC budgets and expenditures based on the assigned activities, project progress, outstanding issues.
- Keep up to date, coordinate functional roles pertaining to health, safety, environment protection. Comply with responsibilities as defined in the Company’s Health, Safety & Environmental Policy and ensure compliance with the same throughout the team.
- Set technical goals and action plans within broad outlines provided by top management.
- Willingness to travel and relocate to work sites including offshore.
Health, Safety and Environment / Code of Conduct
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with Company Policy related to Health, Safety and the Environment
- Assist Company in developing a strong safety culture both within the client team and on the project
- Always ensure the welfare of personnel and the protection of assets and the environment
- Timely intervention and reporting of known risks and hazards • Comply with Company Policies on Code of Business Conduct (COBC) and Anti-Bribery & Corruption (ABC)