Contract: Senior Structural Engineer / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Senior Structural Engineer
- Minimum Qualification:
- Bachelors in Civil/Structural Engineering – Master’s degree.
- Recognized expertise in the field of Structural Engineering of oil & gas facilities.
- Relevant years’ experience in reputed engineering consultancy or offshore oil & gas operating companies.
- Minimum years of recent past hands on experience in Structural Engineering for offshore facilities field project environment.
- Good sense of team spirit, leadership, strong interpersonal & soft communication skills..
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written).
- The Senior Structural Engineer will hold a commensurate amount of responsibility to coordinate the readiness of the project from the EPC Contactor.
- To drive an Incident Free environment, maintaining a strong safety culture; compliance with HSE rules.
- To carry out studies from FEED to detailed engineering up by supervising engineering contractors’ teams and other COMPANY engineers as required.
- To liaise with COMPANY’s stakeholders, Technical Reference Persons and committees, and other COMPANY departments.
- To provide Structural design, management and oversight, operating know-how and peer review within COMPANY departments (including Field Operations and Planning & Development) for new facilities and modification of existing facilities.
- To employ a holistic approach to ensure fit-for-purpose, optimal solutions for COMPANY. Promote safety culture within COMPANY personnel and contractors and proactively report observations.
- Ensure the safety of personnel and installations as well as protection of the environment during the execution of his/her activities. Lead/participate in technical review of the LLI bidders’ proposals and prepare technical recommendations accordingly.
- Review and approve structural engineering deliverables received from Contractors for Basic / Detailed Engineering.
- Contribute to verification that all engineering design, procurement and construction activities comply with COMPANY safety, quality and cost objectives.
- Develop innovative solutions and seek out technologies that can reduce risk, minimise lifecycle costs, increase productivity or improve uptime/efficiency.
- Review EPC Contractors’ engineering drawings, designs and make necessary modifications or recommendations.
- Draw up and cross-check relevant procedures, international standards and COMPANY standards.
- Ensure that best (structural) engineering practices, lessons learnt and know-how are employed in carrying out all activities. Ensure that Contractors submit all deliverables on time and verify that they achieve COMPANY quality expectations.
- Define and ensure submission of weekly report by EPC Contractor.
- Track EPC Contractor Engineering, procurement and fabrication deliveries, in close relation with the Project team.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020