Contract: Senior Piping Design Engineer / MalaysiaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Duration:||Contract - 1 year|
Reports to Piping Lead, Piping Deputy Lead and his/her respective Area/Unit/Module Lead.
Senior Piping Design Engineer shall be able to guide other Piping Designer with good Piping Design knowledge.
Senior Piping Design Engineer shall route and consider the equipment and piping design modeled meets the objectives and is accordance with the relevant document requirements.
His/Her responsibilities shall include the following but not limited to:
Determining and coordinating interfaces, tie-ins, liaising with client, site personnel and other engineering disciplines to facilitate design activities.
Supervising and managing of personnel, piping design activities, planning and preparing of contract documentation.
Reviewing and checking of documentation, ensuring deliverables are produced on time and within job constraints.
Achieving schedule and producing a quality product, meeting or exceeding project expectations.
Answering queries, supporting construction team, resolving construction issues and field clashes.
In the case of Stress engineering activities, Stress Lead Engineers shall take responsibility for their technical aspects. They shall liaise with the Piping Lead for scope and schedule related activities as well as co-ordination with Project Team and Client.
Preparing 3D model and performing piping study for all equipment, based on the followings:
1. Make sure latest inputs of Equipment Vendor Data, Equipment Layouts, Equipment List, Plot Plans, and etc. is implemented.
2. Maintain conformity with Project Specifications and Requirements, and with respect to accessibility, operability and maintainability of equipment e.g. nozzle orientation, equipment elevations, orientation and adequacy of ladders, service platforms, PSV lines, outlet fire water network for hydrants, monitors and deluge valves and etc.
3. Coordinate closely with Mechanical Equipment Engineer to ensure that the vendor data are available for all equipment and highlight any missing data for equipment to the Mechanical Equipment Engineer.
4. Perform pipe routing study and modeling of all lines ? 2".
5. Maintain conformity to P&ID and Line List. He shall ensure that specific process requirements such as slope, free flow and no pockets etc. are incorporated.
6. Maintain conformity with JSD for Piping Design, Workplace Design Specification and Working Instruction.
7. Perform incorporation of Stress Calculation Notes into his Piping Design.
8. Consider for Pipe Spacing (insulation thickness, guide and stopper).
9. Consider pipe flexibility for stress lines category 1, 2 and 3 in his piping design activities.
10. Prepare adequate operation and maintenance space such as ladders, stairs and service platforms and etc. for valves, flanges, joints and instruments.
11. Perform study, identify and propose pipe support locations, span. Then, prepare pipe support attachments for issuance to Stress team.
12. Prepare reserve volume for equipment removable space model.
13. Transfer all changes and mark-up from personal copy onto the Piping Master Copy (P&ID, Equipment layouts and etc.).
14. Responsible to correctly fill in all the model attributes.
15. Line attributes to be validated only if the level of maturity is acceptable.
16. Solicit advice from either Piping Lead or Piping Checker or Area/Module/Unit Lead if there is any Piping Design
17. Ensure 3D Models designed are clash free via coordination with various disciplines such as E&I, Structural and etc.
18. Model Piping Standard Support in 3DModel.
Our client is the leading engineering technology solutions and turnkey contracting provider in Asia Pacific for the design and construction of hydrocarbon field development, oil refining, gas processing, petrochemicals and selected non-hydrocarbon projects. They support Onshore, Offshore and Subsea sectors.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Recognized Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
At least 10 years of working experience in Oil & Gas and Petrochemical field (especially EPC project experience).
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Able to understand Aveva 3D Tool PDMS and E3D or Intergraph PDS and SP3D
- Technical sound in Piping Engineering and Piping Design requirement.
- Experience working with 3D system (PDS/ PDMS/ SP3D/E3D)
- Working experience in brownfield project.