Contract: FSO Marine System Engineer / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
FSO Marine System Engineer
- Qualification: Master degree in Marine Engineering or certificate of Marine Chief Engineer.
- Relevant year’s in Ship design and Ship building industries (engineering companies, shipyard, Classification Societies).
- Experience in offshore facilities (or FSO, FPSO) and merchant ships (tankers).
- Available for technical missions worldwide.
- Language: Fluent English, French is a plus.
- Computer literate.
- Strong leadership skills and good communication skills.
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
- Good analytical skills.
- Promote & comply with applicable safety instructions and other COMPANY HSE procedures in all activities.
- Carry out work in compliance with COMPANY values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed COMPANY priorities and objectives, COMPANY standards and procedures and good industry practices.
- Follow-up of engineering development activities progress related to marine systems for the Major Projects – Export Scheme Project by the contractors, the LLI and packages vendors (as applicable). The scope of activities will concern both FEEDs and detailed design contracts. The activities include the review and comment of engineering and vendor documentation to ensure compliance with design dossier, SOR, Company specifications, corporate standard and HSE regulation, international codes and classification society rules.
- Typical marine systems related to FSO should consist of ballast, bilge, diesel oil, sludge, compressed air, sea water, cooling water, fresh and potable water, drain, sewage, essential and emergency diesel generators and auxiliaries.
- Participate in the redaction of the scope of work to be sent with the project RFQ in view of FEEDs execution.
- Supervision, control, review and co-ordination of marine systems engineering development in compliance with project specifications and procedures, COMPANY specifications, discipline requirements and international codes (SOLAS, MARPOL, ASME, API, IEC, …), Class requirements (e.g. BV offshore rules) with respect of cost, schedule and required level of quality and safety applicable to this project.
- Review and approve, in accordance with applicable procedures and requirements, the various marine systems documents issued by CTR. Monitor marine systems discipline studies during all engineering phases (technical, costs, planning, interfaces, reporting).
- Ensure an accurate engineering follow up of the marine system packages at all stages (vendor selection, documentation review with multi-discipline coordination, FAT, etc…)
- Identification of any optimization / improvement in the design dossier to be implemented in the early stage of concept design.
- Identify potential deviations from the COMPANY referential and report these to the Engineering Manager for final decision on whether or not to implement.
- Ensure close coordination with other disciplines (naval architect, process, etc.) on all engineering, constructability and operational matters.
- Ensure that relevant feedback from previous similar projects is considered in the design performance.
- Participate actively in technical decision making, in meetings with potential contractors and vendors.
- Participate in the technical analysis of offers and assist in vendor selection,
- Assistance in the finalization of contractual documents.
- Participate in weekly and monthly meetings with Contractors, and in specific ad hoc meetings as required by management.
- Provide technical answers to technical queries and provide support in deviations requests related to structural issues.
- Manage assistance from shareholder specialists (remote head office), when required.
- Participate in the project reviews sessions with COMPANY, Contractors and vendors teams.
- Provide technical answers and clarifications to internal project audit sessions (PR, HAZOP, etc…).
- Contribute to the engineering interfaces,
- Ensure detailed progress reporting to project management.
- Assist project management team to reply to various correspondence by providing technical support.
- Carry out any other duty or task that may be assigned by hierarchical superiors in line with discipline expertise.
- Treat all information obtained during course of the work with confidentiality.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020