Contract: QA/ QC Coordinator - Rotating Equipment Inspector / Australia
|Duration:||Contract - months|
The client is looking for an experienced QA/QC Coordinator - Rotating Equipment Inspector to join their team on a long term contract. In this role you will be responsible to improve mechanical equipment reliability and availability through development and execution of quality control plans for field maintenance execution and controlling quality of off-site repairs/overhauls. Predominately field-based work on site and in workshops.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
* Interface with field and shop maintenance personnel, Rotating Equipment Specialists, Engineering and Turnarounds to develop QA/QC plans for field maintenance execution and off-site repairs
* Control quality during execution through -
-coordination/ performance of inspections & witnessing activities in accordance with quality checklist requirements; and
-ensuring activities are performed according to correct methodology and compliant with specifications
* Perform field and shop Quality Audits and ensure compliance.
* Maintain records and compile reports to document the quality control and audit activities undertaken and results.
* Identify improvement opportunities and share learning's and best practice across the asset.
The client is a global market leader within the oil & gas industry with a portfolio of pioneering onshore and offshore projects both locally and internationally. As an employer they have an exceptional reputation for building a culture focused on the highest levels of HSE and diversity & inclusion as they continue to expand their Australian based operations.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Relevant trade qualifications or diploma in an engineering discipline.
* Circa 10 years' oil and gas or petrochemical experience of which a significant portion has been spent in maintenance and reliability of rotating equipment.
* Proven experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of turbomachinery, including electric, engine gas turbine and steam turbine driven rotating equipment.
* Understanding of repair standards, welding procedures and qualifications, and NDT methods required in the inspection, repair and overhaul of rotating equipment.
* Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities to build ownership toward the asset and maximize results delivery.
* Communicate effectively with management, external bodies, and all levels of employees.
* Record keeping and documenting of performed work or findings.
* Demonstrated commitment to Health, Safety and Environmental performance.