Contract: Technology Planning Lead / AustraliaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 8 months|
We are currently looking for an experienced Technology Planning Lead to join the client's Perth CBD office. The Planning Lead role reports to the Technology Advisory & Planning Manager and plays a critical role to achieve company's technology goals by creating and maintaining a consolidated technology portfolio and budget as well as facilitating and contributing to the formation of the Technology Plan and Roadmap.
The purpose of the role is to facilitate the strategic review and planning processes with the Technology Leadership Team and key stakeholders to enable the development of an aligned and integrated Technology Plan. Also to collect input from the different Technology sub-functions and architecture on technology outlooks, trends and competitor and vendor information.
The Technology Planning Lead is responsible for several key focus areas:
* To facilitate and contribute to the review and strategic planning process with the Technology Leadership Team
* Monthly priority setting and tracking activities as well as management reporting of key performance metrics and indicators.
* To ensure the establishment and running of the Portfolio Office.
* Conduct business investment evaluation in accordance with organisation's Valuation Framework.
* To ensure the establishment and running of the Benefits Realisation Framework for Technology.
* Portfolio Management - develop, implement and manage the integrated and consolidated Technology Portfolio, ensuring alignment with the Technology Strategy.
* To develop and oversee the integrated and consolidated Technology Budget and associated processes and practices.
* Lead the development and delivery of the Technology annual budget, forecasts and monthly reporting in collaboration with Finance and organisational practices
The client, a global mining operator, has an emphasis on strong cultural values with an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development with a reputation for embracing diversity and developing people's long term potential and careers.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in business, finance, technology or related field preferred
* Circa 10+ years' experience in portfolio/program/project management, encompassing the full life cycle of prioritisation, planning, execution, testing, implementation and BAU handover
* 10+ years' experience in P&L analysis, zero-based budgeting and budget management processes and practices
* Approx. 5+ years' experience in strategic business planning and in business investment evaluation using industry processes and practices including NPV and IRR
* Strong experience in portfolio/program/project management principles, process and techniques such as P3O, MoP, MSP, PRINCE2, PMBOK
* Experience in a variety of delivery methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile and Scrum