Mechanical Operations Engineer - Valves / AustraliaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The purpose of the operations engineer is to provide mechanical engineering support to customers both directly on site and from the Perth office. You will specifically be focusing on valve repair, design and modification related activities.
You will need to work with field services teams to assist with engineering related activities and flange management tasks. Your position is vital in establishing a positive reputation with key customers by providing consistently high standards of service and technical engineering solutions.
Perth Based Accountabilities:
- Build closer relationship between Engineering & Production by gaining feedback from all personnel and assisting with developing or improving processes, procedures and communication channels
- Scheduling of time & working hours to ensure on-time delivery where appropriate.
- Produce full mechanical certification packages for valve modifications and the necessary drawings and / or clear work instructions as required.
- Ensure that Quality Policies and Procedures are adhered to and should engineering identify areas of non- conformance or system improvement, then this shall be brought to the attention of the Quality department to take appropriate action.
- Prepare design and modification calculations and drawings.
- Project manage specific projects, ensuring that time, financial and quality parameters are achieved.
Field Based Accountabilities:
- Valve Repair & Overhaul supervision or engineering assistance
- Flange Management calculations, supervision or other engineering assistance
- Assist with Pressure Testing, commissioning, flushing and preservation activities
- Inspection activities, failure investigation and advice
- SQ/PQ or NCR investigation, rectification & close-out
- Witness Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) or related activities at OEM facilities
- Assist customers with shutdown/turnaround planning activities, integrating with customer team as required.
- Provide engineering support to Valve/PSV/Flange Management hook-up and commissioning or shutdown/turnaround related activities, including database management, management of quality/inspection documentation, providing drawings and calculations for site machining activities, coordinating and tracking workscopes and liaising with customer focal points.
Our client is a global leader in engineering, design and manufacturing of pressure control and flow technologies for the oil and gas industry. Our client works on both onshore, offshore and subsea projects in some of the most remote locations in the world. Their interests in Australia are with offshore, onshore and subsea aspects on mega-LNG and oil projects.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (MIEAust Eligible)
- Previous experience and familiarity with SAP is highly regarded
- Experience with Excel Macros, VBA or other programming training or experience considered favourably.
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills in MS Excel, Word
- Oil and Gas Industry related experience highly regarded