Contract: Project Manager (Intermediate) / Canada
|Duration:||Contract - 1 year|
Reporting to the Manager - Prairies and Northern Ontario, Pipe Integrity Project Implementation, this role will execute projects relating to pipeline maintenance projects in Central and Eastern Canada. The successful candidate will work closely with Pipeline Engineering, Construction Services, Environment, Land and various other internal groups in the head office and field locations to ensure safe and reliable pipeline systems.
The successful candidate will provide project management and project engineering expertise for various pipeline maintenance activities, such as: integrity digs, installation of in-line inspection launchers and receivers, remedial geotechnical projects, valve and pipe replacements. Specific duties will include:
- Provide support to the engineering team on cost estimating and scheduling during the definition phase;
- Develop project execution plans and schedules, project proposals and Regulatory applications;
- Project manage sanctioned projects during the implementation phase;
- Perform time and cost management of the project including budgets and schedules, and managing project cost change control and variance reporting of cost, scope and schedule;
- Provide weekly and monthly updates on project performance metrics;
- Coordinate or direct the work of external consultants;
- Demonstrate and understanding of the numerous department stakeholders' expectations and expert contributions and how they can contribute to project success;
- Optimize and align project resources in each region;
- Provide support during the construction phase in the field;
- Complete project close-out activities;
- Support emergency response activities (as required);
- Support the development and implementation of clients' project management tools, standards and processes to support the implementation of capital and maintenance programs within Canada.
- A demonstrated commitment to safety and the environment;
- Understanding of project management methodologies;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Self-starter that can work well within a team environment;
- Good relationship building skills, both internally and externally;
- Ability to quickly understand new processes and related issues;
- Strong computer skills using Office 365 (Excel, SharePoint, Teams);
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- University degree in Engineering (or related discipline) or related technical school diploma;
- 4-8 years of progressive industry related experience;
- Eligible for Registration with APEGA;
- Recognized Project Management training with PMP certification would be considered and asset.