Lead / Senior Piping Designer / MalaysiaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
As the Lead/Senior Piping Designer, you work closely with Engineers and other Designers to accurately interpret the engineering design and ensure the design is accurately captured in the 2D/3D design software. You are responsible for ensuring the design/layout produces fit for purpose results in a constructible and organized drawing. You will also ensure application of best practices into design work and you are accountable to the Discipline Manager for overall performance.
The Company's main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. These are either owned and operated by The Company and leased to its clients or supplied on a turnkey sale bases. Other products include: semi-submersibles, TLPs, FPSO LNGs, turret mooring systems, brownfield, offshore (off) loading terminals and most recently solutions for renewable energy. With an operating fleet of 14 FPSOs, two FSOs, one MOPU and one semi-submersible in operation worldwide at year end and almost 300 years of cumulative FPSO operational experience within the industry, The Company is considered a market leader in providing leased production floating systems.
With its statutory seat in Amsterdam in the Netherlands, The Company employee's total 4,250 and are spread over five regional centers, 10 operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels. Group companies employ over 4,750 people worldwide, which include 500 working for the joint venture construction yards.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Knowledge in conceptual design for Plant and Equipment Layouts
* Excellent knowledge in piping and pipe Support design
* Knowledge of tools related to 3D modelling activities
* Planning and budgetary control for piping design activities
* Experienced as Lead Designer / Team Leader
* Engineering Degree or Diploma with minimum of 10 years' experience
* A lower education level could be compensated by a 15-year experience
* Good communication skill in English (verbal and written)