Contract: Database Architect (Banking IT) / MalaysiaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Duration:||Contract - 12-month, renewable|
Plan and manage the Bank's database infrastructure and implement continuous support and administration to the database system. Manage process of continuous improvement of database capabilities to ensure secured and robust data access within the Bank.
* Understand and analyse the Bank's Business Plan and conduct environmental scanning of latest technology trends and direction in database system and infrastructure and conduct research of its applicability, architecture, impact/risks to the Bank and develops tactical and long term plans to be included as part of the total IT short and long term business plan.
* Identify and provide the plan on the initiatives in which application of database related technology will enhance business performance and where the technology and solution is the enabler that will facilitate the achievements of the Bank's desired outcomes.
* Responsible for defining and documenting architecture, capturing and documenting non functional (architectural) requirements, preparing estimates and defining technical solutions.
* Manage the gaps between current and envisioned state, and works collaboratively across IT department and functions to build the initiatives essential for performance improvement. Work collaboratively with other sections in the department to develop and recommends IT strategic direction and solutions for the benefit of the Bank.
* Manage the lifecycle of database infrastructure, capacity planning and sizing and its related system solution technology refresh with minimised impact to business operations and in compliance with the Technology Architecture design, standards and principles.
* Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders or database system experts to develop Bank's strategies that integrates IT technology capabilities and to assess the impact on business strategies.
* Emerging Technology
* IT Systems and Technology
* Technical Architecture
* System Development
* IT System Support and Maintenance
* IT Project Management
* Procedure, Systems and Methods
* Acts for the Greater Good
* Integrated Thinking
* Environmental Awareness
* Holistic Collaboration
* Engage and Influence Stakeholders
* Organisational Understanding
* Leveraging on Strategic Relationships
* Empowerment with Accountability
* Build Team Capability
* Drive Performance Excellence
* Executive Maturity
* Self Confidence
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
* Ensure database availability and continuity to support business process efficiency, continuity and information accessibility and visibility.
* Ability to engage with stakeholders to understand their needs, analyse and identify the right IT solution that meets the business requirements and expectations
* Ability to participate in IT project implementation as a subject matter expert working with vendors and IT application teams to ensure smooth implementation of the project
* To assure database infrastructure is reliable, agile and resilient to meet business expectation and priorities.
* To keep abreast with the latest direction and trends of technology and to enhance necessary skill sets for effective and efficient service delivery.
* To meet stringent service level agreements for critical services or applications.
* To standby 24x7 after office hours or during weekend [whenever required] for database related services to minimise disruption to business operations.
Established in 1959, our client acts as banker and adviser to the Government of Malaysia and regulate the country's financial institutions, credit system and monetary policy.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE :
* Academic qualifications: A degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
* Experience: At least 8 years experience in database administration and support. Working experience in database administration for key database platforms such as ORACLE, IBM DB2 and Microsoft SQL Server would be an advantage. At least 4 years of experience in managing architecting database platform.