Contract: Project Manager (IT Banking) / Malaysia
|Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Duration:||Contract - 12-month, renewable|
* Develop the project strategy with supporting business case by considering project dependency and integration with other projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed. Communicate with management of IT and business on the strategy, direction and changes.
* Plan, monitor and manage project activities, resources allocation and quality assurance throughout the project management life cycle with adherence to the Bank's policies, procedures and project management practice to ensure project is delivered within the agreed timeline, budget, quality level and meet stakeholders '
* Identify and prioritise projects based on predefined criteria such as return on investment, work productivity and compliance by partnering with business users and other key stakeholders. Advise project team and stakeholders on emerging project risks and issue and provide recommendations for improvement on any variances between the project's expected deliverables and its actual accomplishments.
* Review and analyse business and technical requirements to ensure its comprehensiveness and ability to meet the short and long term business and technical needs and strategies in a most cost effective manner and review IT solution architecture design to ensure solution is integrated, robust, resilient and flexible to meet the current and future business needs.
* Collaborate with Service Strategy Planning on the project procurement activities which includes tender issuance , tender award, contract negotiation until contract signing and tracking / monitoring of project expenditure, forecast future costs and manage reconciliation of project cost variances including seeking approval for the variances to ensure the delivery of proactive and timely IT services to the stakeholders.
* Keep abreast with the emerging technology and advancement to ensure optimisation and enhancement of IT infrastructure, solutions, services and processes in meeting the business needs over time.
* Build and maintain strategic relationship with external expert and other IT organizations in order to benchmark and research appropriate project management principle and processes for the delivery of IT solutions and services in the Bank.
* Emerging Technology
* IT Systems and Technology
* Technical Architecture
* System Development
* IT System Support and Maintenance
* IT Project Management
* Procedure, Systems and Methods
* Acts for the Greater Good
* Integrated Thinking
* Environmental Awareness
* Holistic Collaboration
* Engage and Influence Stakeholders
* Organisational Understanding
* Leveraging on Strategic Relationships
* Empowerment with Accountability
* Build Team Capability
* Drive Performance Excellence
* Executive Maturity
* Self Confidence
* Business/System Analysis
* Software Engineering Techniques
* IT technical skill knowledge and expertise [In the area of Software Development, Network, Security, Server & Storage depending on the position
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
* Detail oriented with ability to lead and work with individuals at all levels and functional areas to ensure project activities are managed and coordinated for smooth implementation of IT solution
* Ability to engage with stakeholders to understand their needs, analyse and identify the right IT solution that meets the business requirements and expectations
* To keep abreast with up to date technology advances and to enhance necessary skills for effective and efficient IT solution delivery and support
* To manage quality of IT solution delivery
Established in 1959, our client acts as banker and adviser to the Government of Malaysia and regulate the country's financial institutions, credit system and monetary policy.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE :
* Academic Qualifications: A degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
* Licence / Certification: Project Management Professional [PMP] Certification
a) Minimum 3 5 years working experience as a project manager for IT software development or IT infrastructure projects
b) Knowledge in System Development Life Cycle [SDLC] methodology and experience in performing the system development
processes within the SDLC.