Freelance/Contract: Team Leader Roads Technical Assistance - €10K - €13K per month / NigeriaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||€10000 - €13000 per month|
Team Leader Roads Technical Assistance - West Africa
The market leading infrastructure recruitment specialist is seeking an experienced International Team Leader for a Road/Highway project in West Africa. The project is part of the ECOWAS corridor.
The client is leading International consultancy firm who shall be providing Technical Assistance combining Feasibility studies, detailed design coupled with the development of a construction strategy and motorway operating procedures.
Responsibilities on the project:
The Team Leader shall be for coordinating all aspects of the study and shall be an interface between the client and all other service providers concerned with the study.
Key areas that shall be included in the study include:
Feasibility, Environmental and Socio-Economic Impact Assessment and Detailed Engineering Design Studies:
- Identifying, analyzing, choosing and validating of standards (traffic, technical design and road safety) as well as providing applicable technical assumptions for the entire technical study with a view to creating homogeneity throughout the section of the road;
- Analyzing traffic results, synthesizing and consolidating with the validation of the traffic model applicable for the whole study following the different sections;
- Following up the different studies provided for by the components and later, analyzing all the studies and files submitted by the firms for approval;
- Supporting the procurement process for activities planned under the components (support for the preparation of the terms of reference, receipt and evaluation of proposals, award proposal, negotiation, review and contract signing).
- Economic, legal, financial and institutional assistance within the framework of PPP structuring and establishing a structure to manage and operate the motorway.
B: Project Management Support: The TA will support with project management activities for the following Program Components:
- i) PPP & Transactional Advisory Study
- ii) Spatial Development and Corridor Economic Study
iii) Road Safety Audit Study
- iv) Corridor Development & Management
- v) Trade & Transport Facilitation Study
- vi) Financial Assistance
Key requirements for the role:
- Hold at least a Master's degree or equivalent in Civil/Structural Engineering/Bridges and Roads/Public Works or its equivalent
- Have at least 20 years of proven experience in the field of transport infrastructure projects, particularly, roads and highways with proven experience in infrastructure concession contracts;
- Have completed at least three (3) infrastructure project assignments, including at least one (01) highway project carried out as a PPP
- Have been Team Leader for at least two (2) projects of similar nature;
- Have experience in at least one (1) geotechnical study on roads and bridges;
- Must be bilingual with good command of French and English;Broad international experience and experience in NIF countries is required.
Fluent in English & French
The salary on offer is flexible depending on experience but include a full expatriate package