Contract: QC Welding Supervisor / Qatar
SHORT TERM POSITION
Our client in Qatar have a requirement for a QC Welding Supervisor to work both on and offshore Qatar on a 28/28 rotation.
The role will run from 1 April through 31 August with possible extension.
The QC Welding Supervisor is responsible for quality control activities linked to material, equipment, traceability, welding, testing and dimensional control during the spools, risers fabrications and during the offshore pipe laying welding.
* To ensure that Contractor is following the technical requirements for material, welding, dimensional and testing activities during spool/risers prefabrication and offshore pipe- line laying.
* To perform welding inspection as per defined Quality Control plan.
* To implement the company Technical Referential and applicable local and international codes.
* To establish and implement the Project verification strategy in line with Regulations and company requirements.
* The QC Welding Supervisor has an Hierarchical Link to the DBNPP - QA/QC Coordinator. He/she has a Functional Link to MP Welding Engineer for all technical matters involving welding activities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
o Education to HND/BTS level or COMPANY approved equivalent in engineering discipline.
o Welding, certified to - AWS CWI, CSWIP Grade 3.2 or EWIP/IWIP-C or COMANY approved equivalent.
* Professional Experience (number of years): Around 10 years of experience associated to welding inspection of automatic welding process used for pipeline laying.
* A good knowledge International codes/standards related to pipeline (API/DNV).
* Comprehensive knowledge in welding, material and NDE.
* Good leadership skills and good communication skills.
* Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
* Be skilled in using computer programs for word processing, database management, spreadsheets and e-mail communications.
* Language: English mandatory.
* H2S OPITO and T-BOSIET trainings.
If you meet the above criteria please apply by sending full CV