Contract: Material & Welding Engineer / USA
|Location:||Houston, Texas, USA|
Responsibilities: Assist the FPU package during all the phases of the project to deliver a cost effective (OPEX/CAPEX) and optimized design of the facilities that meets the requirements of the project in safety, reliability, operability and maintainability for a 25-year design life.
Provide Material, Welding and Non-Destructive Examination expertise and ensure consistency of design, execution planning and operational aspects of this discipline for the FPU package.
In addition to the above, provide technical assistance to the UFR team during the FEED phase of the UFR package.
Accountable to the Engineering Manager for;
o Managing the Material, Welding and NDE activities during the Project FEED and Detailed Engineering phase
o Respecting HSE rules and requirements and ensuring that the design and the resulting operations will be performed in compliance with a high regard to Health, Safety, Security and Environmental requirements.
Minimum Education: Master of Science degree in Material, Welding and NDE
Minimum Experience: 12+ years' experience working for consulting engineers or oil and gas exploration / production companies with a proven track record in similar positions
Required Skills / Certifications: PE registration in Texas (preferred)
· Specialization: Material, Welding and NDE
· Minimum 5 years of experience in fabrication Yards
· Experience in fabrication Yard audits related to Material, Welding and NDE
· Firsthand knowledge of GOM Deep Water Developments
· Excellent organizational skills and commitment to meeting deadlines
· Problem solving skills for complex and integrated processes
· Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· Conflict management and problem solving skills
· Analytical, interpretative and / or constructive thinking and evaluative judgment
· PC skills
Language Requirements: Fluent English required