Contract: Static Engineer / USA
|Location:||Houston, Texas, USA|
Responsibilities: Assist the team to deliver a cost effective (OPEX/CAPEX) and optimized design of the facilities (UFR, SPS and Topside) that meets the requirements of the project in safety, reliability, operability and maintainability for a 25-year design life.
Provide static equipment (such as pressure vessel, heat exchangers, WHRU) expertise and ensure consistency of design, execution planning and operational aspects of the PVV design on the project.
Manage interfaces between disciplines including SPS and UFR packages as required.
Accountable to the Engineering Manager for;
o Managing the static equipment activities during the Project FEED and Detailed Engineering phase
o Respecting HSE rules and requirements and ensuring that the design and the resulting operations will be performed in compliance with a high regard to Health, Safety, Security and Environmental requirements.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (MS preferred)
Minimum Experience: 10+ years experience working for consulting engineers or oil and gas exploration / production companies with a proven track record in similar positions including engineering management
Required Skills / Certifications: PE registration in Texas (preferred)
· Working knowledge of ASME BPVC and ASME B31.3/31.4
· Working knowledge PDMS and E3D software
· Familiar with 3D model viewer software Navisworks
· Floating facilities experience
· Firsthand knowledge of safe working practices on offshore construction projects
· Firsthand knowledge of GOM Deep Water Developments
· Excellent organizational skills and commitment to meeting deadlines
· Problem solving skills for complex and integrated processes
· Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Conflict management and problem solving skills.
· Analytical, interpretative and / or constructive thinking and evaluative judgement.
· PC skills
Language Requirements: Fluent English required