Contract: Lead Process Engineer / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Houston, Texas, USA|
Responsibilities: Lead his team to deliver a cost-effective (OPEX/CAPEX) and optimized design of processing facilities (Topside and Utilities) that meets the requirements of the project in safety, reliability, operability, and maintainability for 25- year design life. Manage interfaces between disciplines including SPS and UFR packages.
Number of direct reports: Phase dependent, estimates;
- Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and Contract Tendering Phase: start 3 personnel ramping to 5
- Engineering, Procurement and Installation (EPCI) Phase: start 3 personnel ramping to 6+ personnel
- Take Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) lead in ensuring "safe systems of work" and "safe conditions" are in place within area of responsibility.
- Demonstrate visible commitment to HSE by periodically leading/taking part in risk assessments, audits, HSE meetings, emergency drills, etc. Provides support to Safety Management System.
- Ensure assigned staff complies with all company HSE policies & procedures and related initiatives.
- Ensure Engineering activities are performed in compliance with a high regard to Health, Safety, Security and Environmental requirements
- Act as technical authority on process design/engineering topics
- Identify and resolve process issues which are critical for project objective, schedule and cost
- Co-ordinate with other technical disciplines to provide responses to complex problems related to process design, operability and availability, integrity, instrumentation and control, emissions, rotating equipment, static equipment, etc.
- Lead process and flow assurance studies and PID reviews. Contribute towards HAZOP reviews, project safety reviews, technical audits and value engineering during various phases of project implementation.
- Organize, manage and control third party support studies
- Carry-out technical evaluation of consultants/contractors/vendors and recommend successful bidders.
- Approve process and flow assurance related technical documentation submitted for COMPANY approval by Engineering Contractors and other third parties
- Liaise with other engineering staff to answer queries and/or provide technical support
- Represent Project at seminars/conferences/workshops on all issues related to Process Engineering and Flow Assurance
- Provide effective leadership in identification and resolution of Packages (SPS, UFR, FPU, …) interfaces with Topside and Utilities facilities
- Ensure identification and resolution of detailed interface issues, in conjunction with managers / senior discipline engineers, in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Ensure interface requirements with the subsea facilities, flowlines and pipelines are incorporated into the design
- Ensure operations and maintenance requirements are incorporated in the design
- Provide effective leadership in quality performance.
- Contribute to maximize the NPV value of the Project by finding means to increase quality and productivity and/or decrease investments through ensuring the best technical definition of process and utility facilities.
- Participate in project reviews as requested by TOTAL Referential.
- Gather 'lessons learned' and provide feedback to other TOTAL E&P entities as required.
- Ensure that the correct implementation of Digital systems in accordance with the Project's Management of Technical Information Plan and in consultation with the Project Digital Lead
Minimum Education: Secondary and tertiary process engineering qualifications (e.g. Masters Degree) and hold an internationally recognized professional/chartered process engineer status
Minimum Experience: 15 years' relevant experience in operation and/or process engineering including at least 10 years in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities on process and flow assurance.
- Familiar with API RP 14C, API STD 521, API STD 520 part I & II
- Know-how and expertise in operation and process engineering in oil & gas industry
- Problem-solving skills for complex and integrated processes
- Team leadership skills
- Transversal work management skills
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Conflict management and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical, interpretative and/or constructive thinking and evaluative judgement.