Site Manager - Hydropower - $10000 - $15000 per month / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||$10000 - $15000 per month|
Site Manager - Hydropower - Canada
(Hydroelectric turbine and generator installation)
My client is urgently seeking a Site Manager for the installation and commissioning of the electrical & mechanical equipment for the hydropower plant in Canada. Previous Canadian experience and Workers Union experience would be highly beneficial.
Client Profile: Global supplier for hydroelectric turbine and generator installation and refurbishment projects
As Site Manager you will coordinate the technical staff / contractors during the installation process of the turbines, generators, control equipments and the rest of the mechanical and auxiliary equipments.
He/she makes sure that the work is done safely, according to the quality standards, schedule, budget, contractual engineering procedures and engineering drawings. He/she is in charge to maintain a work environment focused on continuous improvement, so that best practices and project management techniques are developed, integrated and shared throughout the organization.
- Takes leadership, manages and provides technical training during the stages of assembly and commissioning of hydroelectric equipment and of the associated electrical and mechanical systems;
- Elaborates short and medium term work planning together with the foremen and the supervisors (i.e. workforce planning, materials, tools etc.)
- Complies with the work schedule and budget (hours) with good work planning and by working closely in cooperation with supervisors, foremen and unionized employees;
- Makes sure that all work is done safely and according to internal standards, client's requests and other legal requirements;
- Reviews the engineering and installation procedures, and if necessary, elaborates methods supplementary to the existing procedures such as lifting plans, methods, health and safety at work, etc.;
- Manages the contractor employees and the engineers' team; works closely with project managers and project engineers, the quality assurance managers and QA inspectors on site.
- Develops together with the engineering team \ entrepreneurs the installation and maintenance procedures and verifies that these are followed by the contractors;
- Follows up the planning for all site works including the interface and ''transfer' with support groups;
- Maintains close contact with the client with an emphasis on quality, safety and professional standards of employees / subcontractors and communicates frequently, openly and positively with the client representatives;
- Works continuously to improve the performance of the department by innovating and incorporating the best ideas and practices in the installation and alternative work methods manual;
- Collaborates closely with the Site Quality Assurance Manager and the Engineering Department to resolve non-compliances, notices of design change and other documentation.
- In case the candidate will have a role at the project related to quality, he should implement and maintain the Quality Management System during the equipment installation process at site. He/she makes sure that the work is done safely, according to the quality standards, customer requirements, schedule and budget. He/she is in charge to maintain a work environment focused on continuous improvement, so that best practices and project management techniques are developed, integrated and shared throughout the organization
MUST HAVE Requirements for Site Manager:
- 10 -20 years' experience as site manager
- Min 10 years' experience in Hydro power plants
- Hydro Equipment Experience
- Canada Experience
- Workers Union Experience
- Authorisation to work in Canada (passport or visa), they client will not be offering Visa's due to time restrictions.
Mobilisation: March 2020
Salary Package: (Negotiable depending on experience)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on major hydropower project in Canada, additionally the opportunity to work for major Hydropower Equipment Manufacturer. For more information about this assignment or any international Dams & Hydro assignments please contact me.